Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2001 3:40:26 PM EDT
First let me say hello as im new here. Great site.

Now my question. I have a pre ban blue label sporter lightweight. its in very good original condition but doesnt have the box. I never shoot the gun cuz im scared it will loose its value. Now i want a gun to shoot but want it to be flat topped with a aim point. Should I leave this gun alone and build another one to shoot or say the heck with it, get a new flat top upper and blast away? The reason I dont just build another rifle is because i also want the new rock river stock and wouldnt be able to install that on the new rifle and have it just like I want it. So leave it alone or build it how i want to and shoot is the question.

Sorry for the grammar and thanks.

steve
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Guns not shot are about as useful as great cars not driven, or fine musical instruments not played.  Why did you buy it, as a collectable?  an "investment"?  or to enjoy it?  Go shoot it!
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#3]
well I had a pre ban eagle before and sold it when I got tight on money and regretted it. Then I walk in the gun store one day and there it was and it was a colt (which I always wanted). Then i get it home and thought man it would be a shame to go out and beat it all up. Well its been sitting there calling my name for about a year and driving me crazy. I thought about it and said well ill just builds a shooter fron a new post ban rock river lower . But because of these stupid laws I cant build it the way I want. I ordered the RR lower already but thought maybe I could just build it up for my son and make mine the way I want. I guess its not a bad thing either to have 2 of them around. hmmmmmmmmmm.

thanks steve
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#4]
ssmoore

I have an old original pre-ban SKS that has been shot thousands of times.

Let's trade and we will both be happy.

In the words and voice of the professional hunter at the opening of JURRASIC PARK (1)..."SHOOT     'ER......[b][size=4]SHOOT    'ER[/size=4][/b]
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 4:28:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't leave it in the box. It's not fair to the rifle. I think we both know it wants to be shot.

Now go do the right thing.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 5:07:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 5:28:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah...like was said, is the purpose for a collection, investment or use?

For investment purposes, opinions vary.  In 2004, the "sunset" clause of the '94 "Crime Bill" law goes into effect.  If it truly does sunset, then I'm guessing the investment value of a preban will go out the window.

However, if the Schumer's, Feinsteins and Brady's have their way and they push through another ban...then I'd say your investment value would go way up.

I'm more of the mind to give the guns their exercise.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

However, if the Schumer's, Feinsteins and Brady's have their way and they push through another ban...then I'd say your investment value would go way up.
quote]

Thats why this is underway [url]www.assaultweb.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/218381.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 5:38:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome [beer]
Now stop wasting time on your computer and go shoot that gun!
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 5:47:16 PM EDT
[#10]
You should have 2 anyway! [:D]

Option 1: Build another AR.
      2: Get a flat top from RRA for $425.
      3: Shoot the damn thing!

Having an AR and not shoot it is [b]not[/b] and option.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 6:25:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Let's see...I'll take the leather interior on my new Lexus and make sure you put some plastic covers over the seats.

Shoot the damn thing!  It's not meant for anything else at all.

Somebody please explain to me this ridiculous logic that some people seem to have.  You buy something really nice, then you don't enjoy it.  How sad.....
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top