Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 12/21/2001 12:17:21 PM EST
What is the gunshow loophole? I just bought a gun at a gunshow and had to fill out the same paperwork that I would have at a gun shop. Where's the loophole?
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 12:22:32 PM EST
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 12:31:02 PM EST
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 12:48:01 PM EST
Originally Posted By brouhaha: Damnit! What kind of gun! You can't just dangle that around!
View Quote
Hesse kevlar lower.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 1:06:31 PM EST
The bad part about this is, if the "loop hole" is closed and you want to sell your neighbor your old .30-30, you have to use an FFL.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 1:12:58 PM EST
So, if this guy(that I bought it from) was'nt an FFL, I would'nt have to fill out anything? Where do I even find the laws about that?
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 1:21:12 PM EST
there is none. the new laws essentially makes anyone selling a firearm (even you) a dealer with all the paperwork there invoved.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 3:04:12 PM EST
Originally Posted By geezhound: So, if this guy(that I bought it from) was'nt an FFL, I would'nt have to fill out anything?
View Quote
Correct. According to federal law, if you buy a gun from your next door neighbor who isn't an FFL then the transaction is as legal as if you were buying his lawnmower. No paperwork involved. Assuming, you know what that means [;)], you guys aren't felons or the other normal restrictions apply.
Where do I even find the laws about that?
View Quote
You can try looking up firearms laws at the NRA website or other progun sites. Also local or state laws may be stricter than federal law and the above example doesn't apply.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 3:13:15 PM EST
Originally Posted By geezhound: So, if this guy(that I bought it from) was'nt an FFL, I would'nt have to fill out anything? Where do I even find the laws about that?
View Quote
________________________________________________ I'm assuming you're a "full-blood Geezhound" ?? If so just go in ask your friendly local gun dealer. If not go in and ask your friendly local gun dealer.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 5:05:02 PM EST
Originally Posted By 5subslr5:
Originally Posted By geezhound: So, if this guy(that I bought it from) was'nt an FFL, I would'nt have to fill out anything? Where do I even find the laws about that?
View Quote
________________________________________________ I'm assuming you're a "full-blood Geezhound" ?? If so just go in ask your friendly local gun dealer. I am FULL-BLOOD thank you! And thanks for the info. If not go in and ask your friendly local gun dealer.
View Quote
Top Top