Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2001 5:43:31 PM EDT
Tonight on Survivor, Frank went off on the gun control advocates, the liberals, and the media.  He made a point of saying that anything could be used to kill another person that it just wasn't guns.  Of course everyone else chewed him out for it.  It was suprising that CBS aired those comments and didn't make him out to look like and idiot by parsing his words or taking his words out of context.

Of course he did get kicked off tonight.  Which is too bad, as it would have been cool to have a vocal pro-gun person win a million dollars.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 5:48:30 PM EDT
[#1]
It's just a matter of picking your battles.

There's no way that you can change these folks minds, but I think that this guy knew he was gonna get flushed, so he took the opportunity to make his opinion known.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 5:52:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Is Frank from Virginia by chance?  If so, I know a guy that works with him...  
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It was suprising that CBS aired those comments and didn't make him out to look like and idiot by parsing his words or taking his words out of context.

Of course he did get kicked off tonight.
View Quote

Why edit the comments? They used them to show that his "gun nut" concervitive attitude got him kicked off by the others.

In reality, I would bet he would have been kicked off, even if he hadn't said them, but CBS, just used it to show the sheeple what happens when you are a gun nut.

I !@#$@#$@$# hate network t.v.!
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Frank is from Mountour Falls, NY,  not 15 minutes from my house.

He was my kids soccer coach last spring.

Nice guy, very pro gun.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is Frank from Virginia by chance?  If so, I know a guy that works with him...  
View Quote

I don't think Frank is from VA.  The big guy Tom is though.

Link Posted: 12/20/2001 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#6]
His rant and resulting boot from the show was to demonstrate that gun owners should be shunned and rejected by "normal" people.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 11:08:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Just think how many of those evil .50 cal sniper rifles he could have bought with a millon bucks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 11:29:29 PM EDT
[#8]
last week the gay guy said something about him being a 'card carrying nra member' like it was a bad thing..my girlfriend looked at my kinda funny when he said that, i think she's learning something..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top