Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#1]
'shrooms.

Are they giggling a lot?  If so, shrooms/acid.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
LSD use would be very easy to determine. Get a scary mask and run in to the room screaming. If the initial shock doesn't go away in a few moments you know you just induced a bad trip.

That is quite possibly some of the worst advice I have ever seen given on this board.  That is why I fully support it and await an AAR.

I used to to a metric shit ton LSD in high school and it wouldn't even take that extreme to put an individual into a bad trip, just a change of atmosphere in a room like lighting or sound can cause one.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like the title says, they came home with largely dilated pupils.  I have no experience with alcohol, drugs or anything like that.  I have never been around anybody who does either.

Anybody know what some of the potential causes could be?

pregnancy?

That is just mean.  

I admit that I laughed though.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Over 30 times, from tabs to liquid between the ages of 14-17. We were bored and it was cheap, goin for about 5 bucks a tab.  Ironically, I don't even drink now.

Quoted:
How many that posted Acid have actually done it?

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:56:11 PM EDT
[#5]
A paranoid parent?

Is you daughter and her friend trustworthy> Have you had any problems with her in the past?
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#6]
LSD or other hallucinogens. Ecstacy also.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pot

Nope.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Ask her.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:57:00 PM EDT
[#9]
X

would be my guess.  Not pot.  Unless eyes are cached.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#10]
If it is LSD, dont fuck with them till tomorrow when they come down. Seriously. Trippin balls and facing parental units sucks in so many ways its not even funny. I mean seriously, your brain is FRIED on LSD, reality doesnt even exist. Having to face angry parents, man thats a BAD experience waiting to happen.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Need a lot more information.  
Were they giggling theirs asses off talking about creatures crawling out the wallpaper? LSD

Did they come in doing cartwheels? Meth
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LSD use would be very easy to determine. Get a scary mask and run in to the room screaming. If the initial shock doesn't go away in a few moments you know you just induced a bad trip.

That is quite possibly some of the worst advice I have ever seen given on this board.  That is why I fully support it and await an AAR.

I used to to a metric shit ton LSD in high school and it wouldn't even take that extreme to put an individual into a bad trip, just a change of atmosphere in a room like lighting or sound can cause one.

And now you're a neurosurgeon.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#13]
OK, I'm gonna chime in here.

In my junior year in HS, my best buddy's mom told my mom that Mark and I had "HUGE" pupils after one of our basketball games, and told her that she thought we were high on pot.

Nice try.  Never had tried it...but Mark had.  Don't know why they were 'huge' but drugs/alcohol were not the problem.  Hell, we'd just come out from the lockeroom after a win, and showers don't involve drugs.

Just be careful no matter what you do.

HH
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:58:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Over 30 times, from tabs to liquid between the ages of 14-17. We were bored and it was cheap, goin for about 5 bucks a tab.  Ironically, I don't even drink now.

Quoted:

I will never forget the roller coaster ride at the amusement park after 14 hits, yikes!
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#15]
LSD would be so easy to figure out.  Just ask her to sit down and talk to you.  Wave your hands in front of her face a few times.  If she laughs, or looks as if she's trying not to laugh, she's stoned.  If she looks at you as if you've lost your mind, she probably just smoking bud.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cocaine!

You didnt notice any change in behavior? That would be the most obvious...

If they were on coke they wouldn't be able to shut up and their eyes would also be slightly blood shot.

He didnt mention any changes in behavior.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#17]
eye exam
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If it is LSD, dont fuck with them till tomorrow when they come down. Seriously. Trippin balls and facing parental units sucks in so many ways its not even funny. I mean seriously, your brain is FRIED on LSD, reality doesnt even exist. Having to face angry parents, man thats a BAD experience waiting to happen.

Word.  And not everyone has a bad trip either.  You could mess in up bad, though.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:59:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
why is everyone saying LSD?  Have you ever even done acid?  Pot?  We must have some D.A.R.E occifers in here.  Pot = red eyes.

Dialated pupils?  I'd suspect pain pills (opiates)  

If you still think its pot, offer her some cookies.  If it was acid, shed be smart enough NOT to go home and risk encountering a parent.  Shit is powerful

Yes. I have done LSD and every other hallucinogen known to man. They dilate your pupils. They do not react to light very much at all when you take hallucinogens.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Moderndayisraelite, i worked in Drug and Alcohol treatment for 12 years, it could be any number of drugs.

Is she exhibiting any other effects, Lack of balance, stumbling, Can't sleep, nervous twitching, overly energetic, lack of energy?

In other words is she acting like you normally see her act?

My guess is "Huffing" aerosols, since it is quite common and easy to get, just look in any garage or workshop. Based on what little you gave us to work with.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:59:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Not everyone has always been an upstanding citizen.....

LSD was the first thing I thought of.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:59:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I will never forget the roller coaster ride at the amusement park after 14 hits, yikes!

Damn.  I could barely handle downtown Madison.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:00:12 PM EDT
[#23]
You DON'T want to induce a bad trip, that's just wrong. Provide a safe, calm enviroment, provide plenty of water and let it wear off.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:00:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Meth and LSD have VERY similar outward physical characteristics, Dilated eyes, no appetite, and insomnia,but the difference between the two is speech. ON LSD the speech is slurred and reluctant whereas on meth speech is sped up, rambling, and chatty.

I'm not an certified expert, but I'm an expert.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#25]
You can buy a drug test kit at CVS for $19.99 and know for sure.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:01:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

14?  Come on.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And now you're a neurosurgeon.

Far from it and as a PSA, my use of drugs during a critical time in my social development (teens)truly fucked me in my daily life and all of my social interactions even to this day many many years after I stopped using drugs. Drug use can haunt you well after you stop.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:01:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You DON'T want to induce a bad trip, that's just wrong. Provide a safe, calm enviroment, provide plenty of water and let it wear off.

No wait until shes been home for about 2-3 hours, then kick down the door and scream at the top of your lungs wearing a scary mask.  The peak is where you have a chance to right things.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Moderndayisraelite, i worked in Drug and Alcohol treatment for 12 years, it could be any number of drugs.

Is she exhibiting any other effects, Lack of balance, stumbling, Can't sleep, nervous twitching, overly energetic, lack of energy?

In other words is she acting like you normally see her act?

My guess is "Huffing" aerosols, since it is quite common and easy to get, just look in any garage or workshop. Based on what little you gave us to work with.

Thats just downright scary.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
99% chance she's high, probably weed....simple as that.  Not everyone gets red eyes when they smoke, plus eye drops can clear it up.

did she avoid contact with you when she got home, look really tired, quickly make a beeline to her room, hit up the kitchen for a snack?

Can't really say for certain that she was or wasn't doing something, I've been around enough people who do all sorts of different drugs to know what to look for.

Weed does not dilate your pupils!

I did a few bonghits a second ago and looked in the mirror. My pupils are reacting normally.

PS: EVERYONE gets red eyes when they smoke pot. Thats why its such an effective glaucoma treatment. It increases circulation in the eyes which delivers oxygen, antibodies, etc better than when you are not high.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

14?  Come on.

It was a regular occurance for my friends and I to eat anywhere from 10 or more hits.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:03:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Huffing glue.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Meth and LSD have VERY similar outward physical characteristics, Dilated eyes, no appetite, and insomnia,but the difference between the two is speech. ON LSD the speech is slurred and reluctant whereas on meth speech is sped up, rambling, and chatty.

I'm not an certified expert, but an expert none the less.

What the fuck?? Outwardly similar physical characteristics?? You've never actually seen anyone on these drugs have you??
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Like the title says, they came home with largely dilated pupils.  I have no experience with alcohol, drugs or anything like that.  I have never been around anybody who does either.

Anybody know what some of the potential causes could be?

Night vision?
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If she is on LSD he should make her trip BAD. That'll teach her.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
99% chance she's high, probably weed....simple as that.  Not everyone gets red eyes when they smoke, plus eye drops can clear it up.

did she avoid contact with you when she got home, look really tired, quickly make a beeline to her room, hit up the kitchen for a snack?

Can't really say for certain that she was or wasn't doing something, I've been around enough people who do all sorts of different drugs to know what to look for.

I did a few bonghits a second ago and looked in the mirror. My pupils are reacting normally.

PS: EVERYONE gets red eyes when they smoke pot. Thats why its such an effective glaucoma treatment. It increases circulation in the eyes which delivers oxygen, antibodies, etc better than when you are not high.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Are they 'out of it' or very tired?

No, I've been this more times than I can count, to the point where I could barely focus on text, but my pupils were still fine even then.

EDIT: Just realized you were probably referring to drug side effects, nevermind.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not an certified expert, but an expert none the less.

What the fuck?? Outwardly similar physical characteristics?? You've never actually seen anyone on these drugs have you??

Zippidy dee doo dah zippidy A
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:05:51 PM EDT
[#40]
AIDS.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The most prevelent cause of bad trips is a bad or unsafe environment, ie somewhere that may cause worry of fear in the user.

I did a ton of acid back when I was a teen. Sheets and sheets of it. Never had a bad trip.....EVER. I always tripped in good environments, and never did it in public.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:06:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Far from it and as a PSA, my use of drugs during a critical time in my social development (teens)truly fucked me in my daily life and all of my social interactions even to this day many many years after I stopped using drugs. Drug use can haunt you well after you stop.

I'm intriged now. What did it do to you? Brain damage or just social issues?
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:06:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah, that'll teach her. Especially when she slits her own fucking throat because she's so scared. Good advice.

Quoted:
Quoted:

If she is on LSD he should make he trip BAD. That'll teach her.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#44]

That's some funny shit...
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:06:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Alright, enough of the malarky!   The doctor is in!

acid is pretty hard to get these days, especially for a 16 year old.  Unless you travel around the hippy/phish circuit, then you are SOL.  The acid these days is only in tight-knit circles and they don't sell it to kids when they have the same customers for 30+ years.  If the kiddies did get some, they are not dumb enough to do it a night where they may see you.

Coke.  Nope.   Your buzzed for 7 minutes.  maybe 20 tops if you are Don Juan DeColumbia himself.  Red eyes.  Congested look on face due to all the shit the asshole dealers cut the sniff with.  (why do you think the baby formula is locked-up at the grocery store)

Shrooms, maybe, but your gonna see weird behavior and the kiddies already know to do it on sleepover nights because of the unpredictability.

Pot = once again, red eyes if anything. unless she just smoked, and if she did, your nose, not your eyes would be the indicator.

The kiddies do whatever is in the medicine cabinet or pot.  Slight chance of meth if you live in tweekerville.  

MDMA is a good suggestion, but it is that "unpredictable" class of drugs that like Acid or Shrooms, the kiddies know that it would be bad form to do that any time that they risk contact with you because they know they will likely act retarded in front of a sober adult.

Acid, MDMA, coke, meth are all fairly hardcore drugs.  You seem pretty observant, so it is likely that she is in the early experimenting phase, which means she has the brains still to  not fuck around with the hardcore stims and halucinogens yet.  You just don't go to parties and jump right past the joint and start blowing lines.  It is far easier to take something that is in a "familiar" package, such as a pill.  The dose is known and the effect is known.  To someone who is facing their first line or hit of E, it can be pretty scary as you have no clue what is an acceptable dose and what is "too much man......too much!.....
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm intriged now. What did it do to you? Brain damage or just social issues?

No brain damage, just social issues in regard to interacting with people in my daily life, I still have flash backs that can happen from time to time some 15 years later.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:08:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I did the Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens in VA on 3 buttons of 4 hits of mescaline(peyote).

It was insane. I felt like I was a bird..... a bird on mescaline.

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:08:48 PM EDT
[#48]
I appreciate all of the responses, this board has many who are experienced in a lot of areas of life

As far as her acting different, no she was not.  We didn't notice any change in their behavior.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:09:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Drug test won't find shrooms or lsd, maybe ecstasy if you catch it soon enough. Coke has a short span also.

But if she's doing anything like that she is most likely smoking weed, which WILL show up more likely.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#50]
X or LSD

Not proud of it but I have experience of both.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top