Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 3:24:57 AM EDT
[#1]
This is a decision that only you can make.  I left the most wonderful girl I've ever met in 1984, and to this day I still regret it.  I'm married to a woman who loves me dearly, I've got the most precious daughter anyone could ever want (I emailed her picture to a popular female member of this board and her reply was "My ovaries are jealous!") and for the life of me I can't think of a single reason why I keep thinking about what might have been.  It's been a long time, and I doubt I'll ever forgive myself for making that decision.  

Please remember that sometimes the reason that the grass looks greener on the other side is just because it's over the septic tank.

Good luck - I'll be praying for you.  Since you've been praying and God's answer has been "wait", maybe you ought to listen to Him.

-kid
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 4:13:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Gut feeling.  Period.
View Quote

Now that the [i]cat[/i](sic) is out of the bag, all I can say is:

[b]UH-OH...[/b]
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 4:52:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, buddy...but we all go through these things........here`s how I do it.....since I have kids, they come first....I lived most of my life and they are my job....after that, "to thine own self be true"....the rest can live with it....or not........as far as women...I can tell you everything I know.......(..........................)..[:)]
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 5:39:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Been there, gone through what you are going through.

I wish you the best luck in making your decision.

My only advice is to picture yourself rocking on your front porch at the age of 80.  Your grandchildren are playing in your front yard.  You realize you have lived a great life, and all of your dreams have come true.  You look over at your wife beside you.

Which woman would you rather see there?  
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 6:04:57 AM EDT
[#5]
brouhaha:
 I have to agree with about 50% of the posts, which is normal...
 If you've been with someone for almost 2 years and all is right with the world then why look at something that may never work at all and mess up what is already good?
 I've always looked at the positives and negatives of each decision and analyzed them to death; it's not necessary.

Bottom line, where is your heart?  *Not* where is your infatuation.  
If you have something in the here and now that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling deep down it will probably give you that same warm fuzzy in 20 years.
 A flash-in-the-pan is just that, a flash then it's gone.

Don't fret over the decision, make it and go.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 6:07:06 AM EDT
[#6]
OH man, that's tough!  I don't understand the advice about "do what will make you happiest" because you don't KNOW what it's going to be like with the new one.  If you knew, you'd do something already.

Three questions to ask yourself:

1. What's going on with your current relationship that makes a new one attractive?  What's wrong with it- or more precisely, what's wrong with how it feels to you?  

2. What do you *imagine* it would be like with this new girl- it sounds like you don't really know her very well, but want to.  Why?  If it's just her body, better look deeper if you're interested in the long term.

3. What kind of a person are you with the current girl, and what kind with the new girl?  Which brings out the best in you?  It's all about who you are when you're with her, not about who *she* is, IMO.

OK, so that's more than three questions.  You say there isn't any real relationship right now with the second girl, which suggests this is much more about you then about her at this point.  Why not just get to know this other girl a little better- be friends for a while if you can?  Time together is the only answer in my book...
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 6:17:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Part of learning and growing is to take change...That's life.  As you can see thing around you, everything change......People too.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Post their pictures. We'll pick one for you.
Just kidding. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 9:16:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Brouhaha,

Sounds like you're considering leaving your wife for another woman -- just my guess from your description.

Life presents all of us with Either/Or questions once in awhile.  In order to answer these, you have to take the time to sort out your values.  

1) Make an ordered list of the things that are most important to you.  

2) Then choose according to your values -- make no sacrifices (giving up a higher value for a lesser value).

Remember it's YOUR life to live and that selfishness *IS* a virtue.  [:)]

- CD
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top