Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 6:00:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Six pages and no one remembers the book White Fang. I must have read that book a hundred times when I was growing up. Oh, wait that was a bulldog, nevermind.

I did, you just beat me to it.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 6:03:00 AM EDT
[#2]
My Golden Retriever mix has outsmarted my brother's pitbull. She's not stonger or meaner, but she's a hell of alot smarter. He ran at her and she ran circles around him, constantly changing direction til he gave up.

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 6:03:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Around the turn of the century, they used to have these contests.

Pits win against wolves.

A trained, Champion fighting dog will almost alway win.

Those who deny this will probably also say things like:

"Pits are stupid"

"They aren't skilled fighters, just aggressive"

"Wolves can weigh 500lbs"

"Pitbulls only fight because they are abused, and are forced to fight"

The ignorance is astounding.
The history of Pitbulls and the pedigree of their fighting abilities is famous.
Denying it as a means to support your ignorant, false hypothesis is silly.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 6:07:33 AM EDT
[#4]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9p9OePLlPI&feature=related

End of thread!
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 6:11:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

End of thread!

Help a brother out. What's in the video? (no access)

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 6:20:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Kurdish Kangal.

One BAD ASS DOG!!!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 6:46:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Pits= Thread over!! WOLVES are the shit!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 6:59:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well shit, how about my dumb friend that thinks a Silver Back Gorrila could beat a Kodiak Brown Bear...More retarded than this argument!!!

Nothing,other than Man with a high powered firearm,can beat a Grizzly or Kodiak Bear.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 7:04:30 AM EDT
[#9]
What if the Pit had bees in it's mouth and every time he barked bees whould come out?

GM
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 7:23:34 AM EDT
[#10]
for the win

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 7:25:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I came here to make that joke.

If someone were more inclined to argue on the internet, they should bring up some of the posts from this thread the next time time a pit kills someone. The same authors that are arguing that a pit is "insane", has been bred to fight ,and would kill a wild animal twice its size will argue that pits are harmless, and they are only dangerous if you abuse them.

A good natured opinion thread on which would win in a fight between a pit and wolf has absolutely nothing to do with a pitbull killing a human. Just like a gang banger doing a drive by and killing an innocent child has nothing to do with my constitutional right to own firearms. If this has to be explained to you, there is probably not much hope for you anyway.

Good job bringing an inanimate object into the argument.

In every pit bull attack thread there are lines of owners telling how harmless they are. In contrast, this thread brings in owners to proclaim their harmless dog could kill a full grown wild animal.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 7:25:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well shit, how about my dumb friend that thinks a Silver Back Gorrila could beat a Kodiak Brown Bear...More retarded than this argument!!!

Nothing,other than Man with a high powered firearm,can beat a Grizzly or Kodiak Bear.

Bull, that guy in alaska just killed one with a tree limb! confirmed kill of a moma grizzly.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 7:26:40 AM EDT
[#13]
are we talking about a pit that was bred to fight or a pits natuarl ability?  IMO pits are really over rated in terms of there innate fighting ability.

i am a regular at a couple diffrent dog parks outside of baltimore and pittsburgh and every so often you get some thug bringing his big chested pitt bull out there and sure ehough the dirtbags dog gets into it with various other dogs.

in each case that a pit began to poster and get aggressive. it was handled pretty easy by one of my dominate malamutes.  i do not consider my dogs to be persay tuff dogs but but i think that the strengh and size of a large dog like  say a malamute, akitta, anatolin shepard is way two much for there innate ability to overcome.

being that wolves are much more agile than most domestic dogs i dont see it ended well for any domestic dog let alone a much smaller one

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 7:29:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now cats are expendable.  I could watch a cat go up against a wolf (or a pit bull) all day long.

Depends on the cat.  A cougar would make quick work of a pit bull.

Cougars routinely kill and eat dogs of all breeds, at least here in Utah.

my uncle lives in the hills of san diego, he ccws even when jogging
there have been multiple reprts of mountain lions leaping 6 ft backyard fences with 80-100 lb dogs in its mouth

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 7:37:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bull, that guy in alaska just killed one with a tree limb! confirmed kill of a moma grizzly.

Where is it? Need link to confirm.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 8:57:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If someone were more inclined to argue on the internet, they should bring up some of the posts from this thread the next time time a pit kills someone. The same authors that are arguing that a pit is "insane", has been bred to fight ,and would kill a wild animal twice its size will argue that pits are harmless, and they are only dangerous if you abuse them.

A good natured opinion thread on which would win in a fight between a pit and wolf has absolutely nothing to do with a pitbull killing a human. Just like a gang banger doing a drive by and killing an innocent child has nothing to do with my constitutional right to own firearms. If this has to be explained to you, there is probably not much hope for you anyway.

In every pit bull attack thread there are lines of owners telling how harmless they are. In contrast, this thread brings in owners to proclaim their harmless dog could kill a full grown wild animal.

I have two pit mixes.  I have said multiple times that they have zero chance aginst a wolf.  They just do not have the attitude.  

I dont think anyone here thinks that a ghetto pit makes a good housepet.

Your argument is weak.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 10:50:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Pitbulls are too stupid to win vs. a wolf.

God pitbulls are fucking dumb dogs, all my friends pits are retarded I swaer to god.

They have WAYYY more energy then brains.

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 11:04:41 AM EDT
[#18]
What would Michael Vick say.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

God pitbulls are fucking dumb dogs, all my friends pits are retarded I swaer to god.

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Confirmed: Any feline will shred any canine of the same weight.

100# Couger vs. 100# Wolf = Dead Wolf.
100# Couger vs. 100# Pit Bull = Dead Pit Bull.

And yes, my 10# house cat will rip any 10# dog to shreds.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 12:07:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Pitbulls are a helluva of a fighting dog, but they fought other dogs, not Wolves.  Wolves are not dogs.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 12:11:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Pits win against wolves.

"Pits are stupid"

and its all coming from you Pit Bull supporters
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 12:13:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ah ha missed that one, good catch

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 12:14:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pits win against wolves.

"Pits are stupid"

?

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never heard anyone claim they were harmless to other animals, some of them are indeed harmless to humans. They will fight other animals to death just for fun.
You are the one that brought up killing humans in a thread about pitts and wolves fighting. I figured guns were allowed if you were going to stretch that far. Try to keep up with what is being discussed.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 12:16:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I thought that there was a new kind of ammo out called Pit Bull.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 12:19:18 PM EDT
[#27]
So I'm standing in line at the sporting goods counter in Wal-Mart and the ass hats next to me brake out in a heated debate.

Great now you bring the Ass hattery to Arfcom

WFTW!
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#28]
I have been reading some peoples comments about the AMERICAN STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIER (not pit bull) and it shows how some people on here have no fucking clue what their talking about. I have owned and raised many Blue noise, Red noise, pits.and they have one of the highest passing rates for temperament test.

It pisses me off when people run their mouth about this great breed and they no nothing at all. Some of you guys look just as stupid as Gun control activist.

1.Pit bulls tend to be very dependent on their humans and crave love and attention. On average, pit bulls tend to be very confident and outgoing dogs. However, their natural confidence can be eroded by severe abuse or long confinement with little human contact.

2. here is a biggie. Owner turn-ins of pit bulls are usually due to dog aggression (which is often mistaken for human aggression by inexperienced owners).

3. This breed tends to love all people, especially children. The only caution I would add is that, because they are very exuberant and energetic dogs, they can sometimes overwhelm very young children and accidentally bump them or knock them over, particularly when they are pups (under 2 years old).

4. American Pit Bull Terriers have 1600 P.S.I. in jaw pressure
Dr. Lehr Brisbin of the University of Georgia states, "To the best of our knowledge, there are no published scientific studies that would allow any meaningful comparison to be made of the biting power of various breeds of dogs.

There are, moreover, compelling technical reasons why such data describing biting power in terms of "pounds per square inch" can never be collected in a meaningful way. All figures describing biting power in such terms can be traced to either unfounded rumor or, in some cases, to newspaper articles with no foundation in factual data."

5. American Pit Bull Terriers lock their jaws.
Dr. Brisbin: "The few studies which have been conducted of the structure of the skulls, mandibles and teeth of pit bulls show that, in proportion to their size, their jaw structure and thus its inferred functional morphology, is no different than that of any breed of dog.

There is absolutely no evidence for the existence of any kind of "locking mechanism" unique to the structure of the jaw and/or teeth of the American Pit Bull Terrier.

6.Pit Bulls brains swell/never stop growing.

his rumor started with the Doberman, and has since been said about game-bred dogs in general. The concept of an animal's brain swelling or growing too large and somehow causing the animal to "go crazy" is not based in truth in any way.

Their brains grow at the same rate as any other dog, and the only time that a Pit Bull's brain is going to swell is if it receives a serious injury. If an animal's brain were to grow too big for its head, the animal would die.

7. All Pit Bulls are mean and vicious.
It is reported on temperament tests conducted by the American Temperament Test Society that Pit Bulls had a passing rate of 82% or better –– compared to only 77% of the general dog population.

These temperament tests consist of putting a dog through a series of unexpected situations, some involving strangers.

Any signs of unprovoked aggression or panic in these situations result in failure of the test. The achievement of Pit Bulls in this study disproves that they are inherently aggressive to people. (Please visit ATTS.org)

One of the highest passing rates

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pits win against wolves.

"Pits are stupid"

You make my point.  I provide information, you throw out empty one liners.

Your response is emotional and irrational.

For God's sake, the pitbull-phobes are trying to say that wolves can weigh 500 lbs, and that this dog that has been bred for fighting does not know how to fight.

The Pitbull was once considered a symbol of American tenacity.

It is a uniquely American breed.

Only communists hate pitbulls.

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Which would you all rather have to fight hand to hand(teeth?)? Me, I might choose the pit. But It would be a scary fight either way.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Which would you all rather have to fight hand to hand(teeth?)? Me, I might choose the pit. But It would be a scary fight either way.
Me too. But only because I believe that I could sacrifice an arm to him and then get the pit's feet off the ground and use my other arm to choke him out.............. this may be wishfull thinking on my part though.

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 1:23:42 PM EDT
[#32]
so since last night i went next door and talked to breeder dave. he made a coulple good points. dog fighting has been around a  long time, with people breeding and searching for a dog that can make them money. the wolf was dumped as a dog fighting breed a long long time ago. completely abandoned because as one on one fighters they are worthless and cost people money. the pitbull has remained a constant.

ETA this isnt a pit owners opinion, this is what went down, a long time ago, by people actually doing what we are talking about.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 1:25:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Assuming its an alpha pit vs alpha wolf?

Pit 100%.

Pits will continue to fight after being disemboweled.  They continue to fight after having legs cut off.

A pit is strong and tenacious, but above all the pit has been bred to have a unholy high pain threshold and physical fitness.

It aint the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.

(my pits would be decimated by a wolf though)

Pit 80% Wolf 20%
always a chance
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 1:39:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The size argument is  just not that credible. Pit bulls regularly beat other fighting breeds like 200 pound Toso Ino's which have the same size range of a Wolf  actually i think they are larger than wolves.Plus Toso Inu's are  actually bred to fight as well and yet its is regularly out matched.even with triple the size advantage. There nothing else physically special about a wolf that would separate it from a Toso Ino.

http://www.zippyvideos.com/5732751185546976/z1010/

Here is a pit bull getting raped by a 2 year old Tosa.
Warning.  This a graphic video of a pitt bull getting his ass kicked by a Tosa.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

End of thread!

Help a brother out. What's in the video? (no access)

"Kurdish Kangal Dog Pulls a 4,5 Tons Tractor with its Mouth!"

Doesn't have any relevance to the thread.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#36]
I feel like you are all (at least from page 1) missing the important factor.

Wolves kill big game b/c they are shorter and latch on to the throat from below

pits kill dogs b/c they are lower and latch on the throat from below

if the wolf oversteps and the pit gets the throat, it's done. a wolf doesnt have any natural predators that are shorter, and wouldnt expect that type of threat.  it would completely depend on how the wolf moves and whether or not their neck becomes exposed at a time the pit can lunge.

that being said, the killer instinct is much stronger in the wolf and I'd like to see it win.

or maybe i'm thinking of a bulldog again.  i dunno how pits fight, I guess i should go watch some illegal dog fights.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The size argument is  just not that credible. Pit bulls regularly beat other fighting breeds like 200 pound Toso Ino's which have the same size range of a Wolf  actually i think they are larger than wolves.Plus Toso Inu's are  actually bred to fight as well and yet its is regularly out matched.even with triple the size advantage. There nothing else physically special about a wolf that would separate it from a Toso Ino.

All I saw was a much heavier dog pushing around a smaller dog. The fight and the final outcome was far from over.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 2:31:27 PM EDT
[#38]
bite force of german shepherd, rotty, and pitbull
youtube.com/watch?v=vbwMs7cjK0Y&feature=related

bite force of a wolf
youtube.com/watch?v=NwB2Lzkacps&feature=related

bite force of a loin, hyena, tiger
youtube.com/watch?v=ByAL6vGsQL8&feature=related
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 2:33:29 PM EDT
[#39]
delete

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Too bad dogs pack, and thus will own the feline 90% percent of the time.  The only cats that live in groups are lions.  The rest live alone.

Thus:

100lb couger vs 10 100lb wolves = RUN KITTY RUN!!!

A pack of rat terriers would destroy your cat.

Edit:: I just thought of a story that goes to show the value of a pack, even if the individual members are all considerably weaker than their opponent.

A friend of my uncle's lived out in the middle of one of the least populated counties in ohio.  He owns something like 150 acres and has his down farm, where he raises a few cows and chickens (for personal use).  At the time he had 3 dogs, a 8 year old lab, a 11 year old terrier and a 11 month old blue tick.  This guy let his dogs just run, since his nearest neighbor is nearly 3/4 a mile away.  Apparently the neighbor did the same with his pit.  

One day the pit came down and began fighting with the lab.  The lab was getting his ass handed to him pretty bad.  The owner thought about running in the house and grabbing the shotgun (think "uber fudd", that will give you an idea about his firearms sitution), but realized all he had was bird shot and didn't want to shoot his dog too.  So he began running to the barn to get an ax/shovel/pic or some other tool he could kill a dog with.  Then, out from behind the barn the terrier and the blue tick come running in and joined the fight.   With two more dogs attacking him the pit didn't know where to turn.  The terrier actually went up under the put and was biting at his stomach and nuts!  Soon, the pit realized he was getting hurt bad and ran off.

In the end both the lab and the pit had to go to the hospital.  The lab for stitches to the face and neck, the pit for stitches for his stomach and neck.  

So, the moral of the story is: if you're not the toughest guy around, have more friends.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All I saw was a much heavier dog pushing around a smaller dog. The fight and the final outcome was far from over.

+1 thats like showing 2min of a 12 rd fight

Either way i never said Pitbulls win 100% of the time. It could be around 80% i don't know for sure.

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What if the Pit had bees in it's mouth and every time he barked bees whould come out?

GM

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

GM

HAHAHA!  Classic.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

bite force of a wolf

Good clips

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

bite force of a wolf

Good clips

+1.  Pretty amazing when you consider the domesticated dogs also got running/jumping starts too and the wolf's bite looked like more of a quick defensive jab.

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

good luck

ETA: the dead guy was a theif.  ARFCOM thread

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 7:45:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bite force of a wolf

Good clips

+1.  Pretty amazing when you consider the domesticated dogs also got running/jumping starts too and the wolf's bite looked like more of a quick defensive jab.

like I said earlier.  The bite force will increase when measured closer to the rear of the jaw.

The pit bite was from the front of its mouth.  The wolf was from the back.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 8:12:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too bad dogs pack, and thus will own the feline 90% percent of the time.  The only cats that live in groups are lions.  The rest live alone.

Thus:

100lb couger vs 10 100lb wolves = RUN KITTY RUN!!!

A pack of rat terriers would destroy your cat.

Yup.  Cougars learned from thousands of years of co-existence with wolves and even coyotes that they can't kill every dog in the pack.  So whenever they encounter packs of dogs they just instinctively run to the nearest tree and let the dogs have their kill.

Which is why you can hunt cougars with relatively scrawny hounds.  The only problem is if one dog is a bit too enthusiastic; if he gets too far ahead of the rest the cat will turn on him and possibly kill him before the pack or the hunters can get there.

But one-on-one?  The cougar's found a nice dinner.
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 8:18:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I've heard/read that pit-bulls go for the throat. That is their method of killing. What's the wolf's, specifically?

Pure myth, they don't specifically go for any part except for that which presents the easiest target.

As far as Pitbulls size, actually there are Pitbulls larger than some wolves. The breed most commonly misidentified as "Pitbulls" are the Staffordshire and Staffordshire Bull Terriers, and they tend to be on the smaller size. American Pitbull terriers can reach upwards of 100lbs in some instances, and I'd venture to say they would easily hold their own in a 1v1 fight with a wolf, and most likely prevail given the Wolfs lack of "fight stamina" on an individual basis?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top