Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 6:58:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I like everything so far, except the dark green, and the fact that the slider button on my end is dark green on dark green bar, makes it a pain in the ass to scroll or read quick and get back to button....  sorry, ask an honest question, get an honest answer
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll put my vote into the "I like the buttons" but "hate the white background", against the black edging is just too much.

No_Expert
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Liked the old colors better.  The green is starting to grow on me...(kind of like a fungus).  The old looked more proffesinal, but what do I know.  The home page is toooooo Bright!!  I have a hard time seeing the slider bar on the edge of the page.

Boy I have all kinds of problems don't I?

[):)]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the green & the reorganizing is more user friendly. Just in time for 2002.  Good job!!

Talyn
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#5]
too bright - new look, looks cheap not as professional as the old.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:27:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey GB!

I like speed loading pages, I have no complaints about the lack of "Extra" graphics... I already admitted I like the new buttons...but, if you are gonna reduce the glare abit... MORE POWER TO YOU!

No_Expert
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#8]
We'll need several new forums:

The "I'm leaving, you insensitive brutes" forum.

The "Racial forum", for people walking the "thin racial line."

The "Naked chix" forum.

The "All cops are pigs" forum.

The "Ben Laden Barbeque Party" forum for determining outlandish punishments for same.

The "Emotional Crisis" forum, for spilling your guts.

The "Complaint Department" forum.

The "AK vs. AR" forum.

The "9mm vs. .45" forum.

The "Xenophobia and You" forum.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#9]
[puke]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We'll need several new forums:

The "I'm leaving, you insensitive brutes" forum.

The "Racial forum", for people walking the "thin racial line."

The "Naked chix" forum.

The "All cops are pigs" forum.

The "Ben Laden Barbeque Party" forum for determining outlandish punishments for same.

The "Emotional Crisis" forum, for spilling your guts.

The "Complaint Department" forum.

The "AK vs. AR" forum.

The "9mm vs. .45" forum.

The "Xenophobia and You" forum.
View Quote

You forgot one... A "Religion" forum for those who just like to argue.

GB...  I run a cable modem and have noticed a decrease I speed when loading pages.  The green is OK, but I'm glad you're changing the white... way too bright.  Other than that, you do a great job keeping this running.
Edited to add:  I also like the new buttons, but was wondering if you can add the login/password prompts to the bottom of the page as well (just an idea).
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#11]
To be honest, I really thought the old version of the site was better.  But that is just my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks great with the adjustments.  Very nice & better to read than the format & colors.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#13]
GB,
WOW.  That white aginst green hurts my eyes.  The home page needs a little spiffing up, it is just to plain jane also to much white on the home page.  The 3d buttons are cool, but need to be a little bigger.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:47:02 PM EDT
[#14]
The green background and all this white has got to go! YUK!! It's all white-washed looking. And the sight is slower too. Also, I guess the "NEVER FORGET" has been forgotten??????? I thought that was a really cool heading with the eagle and such. I believe it should stay, not just as a memorial to 9-11 victims, but as a banner of Patriotism and support for our armed forces (since the AR-15 type gun is the tool of our armed forces and of a well-regulated militia). Please change the sight back!!

[:(]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I love it!!  Colors fonts everything is great.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:55:39 PM EDT
[#16]
They say "once you go black you can never..."

Oops.

I preferred the old background color.  Everything else is cool though.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I haven't found any technical problems yet, so I'll post opinions here...

Color: It'll take some getting used to, but the contrast is fine and color-wise I think I liked the late-1999 colors best.  As as mentioned, it looks less "tactical" so it'll be easier to browse at work...though a version sans-rifle pics would be ideal for work-browsing.

Layout (front page): I enjoy the news content as well as recent forum topics...but the layout leaves a little to be desired.  I'm guessing their driven from a database for content (way cool). However, it seems a little bland in the main area...
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#18]
The white background has got to go ! seriously.

Basic black.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I like it! [8D]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 8:05:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Normally I would jump to approve of anything that anyone in power did, but this SUCKS!!
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#21]
What happened to the green scroll bars?? This gray is too damn plain! The only thing I don't like is the page is too big!! Scrolling left & right to read the posts kinda sucks. And yes I changed the font size to small in both IE & in my profile.
Great job GB!!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Could you possibly make a variable background color scheme?  So users could pick what color the green and white parts should be?

[thinking]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 8:44:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Also, you banners ads look out of place.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 8:48:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Gonna take a little bit of getting used to but it looks pretty good so far...

Great work GB!

hsld.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 9:05:41 PM EDT
[#25]
The width of the main page is the same as the text at the top (membership | equipment...) if the text is wider than the width of the screen.  GB, if you can, could you take the top line out of the main table?  If it was just a line of text, it could wrap, if needed, and not make the rest of the content of the page too wide to read without using a horizontal scroll bar.

Also, I'd prefer it if the olive drab was more drab.z
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Where is all this green?

Damn colorblindness.

Link Posted: 12/16/2001 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll have to see how it looks on my iPAQ .. but it looks ok on my normal system(s)....

Ted...
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 9:41:47 PM EDT
[#28]
I thought it looked great before you changed it black was great and the site was easy to use no its white what the hell???
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 9:45:10 PM EDT
[#29]
much too bright! but the buttons all work. who gives a sht what it looks like as long as it works. Stop trying to make it nice looking just get rid of the bright and make it user friendly. I dont care if it is pink as long as it works and it doesnt hurt the eyes...pat
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Love the buttons, HATE the white!

And what happened to the "Never Forget" Banner on the homepage?? Did we forget already?

I know GB wanted a less graphic intensive homepage, but I say bring it back!!! (maybe a smaller version?)
and I'm even on friggin dial up!

Thanks Goatee
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#31]
I think a nice salmon pink background with a puce border would work very nicely.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Looks great ]=).  I'm just happy to be able to participate on the site.

Thanks ]=) for your troubles.  It seems you broke the chat though... fix it you damn ]=).

Kidding...I'm just happy to be here.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 10:51:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Sorry GB, I really like the old look better.  I hate to bad mouth your work, but the black background was much better to look at and also very easy on the eyes.  This is just too brite!!  However, please keep up the great work on the content!

Chida
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 5:11:40 AM EDT
[#34]
This BLACK and GREY site is becoming feminized.......[;)]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 7:45:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 8:15:23 AM EDT
[#36]
You can't go wrong with basic BLACK. [;D]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 8:23:01 AM EDT
[#37]
AAAAHHHH!  I'm blinded!  Green=good.  White=bad.  Change the white to black, so we can have our black site with green trimmings.  Buttons are cool.  I liked the original big pic to click on to get to the forums.  I have to search for it now.  the smaller site graphics and ad banners are a plus: easier to load and hide.

loonybin
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 8:23:57 AM EDT
[#38]
GB you have outdone yourself...this is a very classy look imo
really really classy..much better than the dark post modernistic kleebold-matrix sort of thingy you had going... [beer]
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 10:28:03 PM EDT
[#39]
To throw my opinion in here, I liked the look of the old site. The buttons and nav is ok, but the color scheme is all wrong. If you want to keep this format in stead of the old one, I'd be ok with the green(but would prefer black), but change the white to match what you choose, green or black. No white or even light grey. The posting area is fine in grey, but the background and sides have to be something darker than white or light grey. Appreciate your work, but you should have stopped when you reached perfection as far as the colors go.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 12:10:26 AM EDT
[#40]
The look isn't all that important IMHO, but I still liked the old one better.

More importantly, I liked that Netscape didn't hang when opening every single page, and that it didn't crash every few pages.  Sigh.  I'm going to try to upgrade to Win98SE this weekend, maybe that'll help. [:(]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 7:21:53 AM EDT
[#41]
I don't really like it but I guess I will get use to it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 8:01:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 8:06:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Looks fine to me!
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 9:05:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Hmmm, after looking at dark backgrounds so long, the white background makes it seem like something has gone wrong. Also, things do seem to happen slower. Do like the new buttons.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Don't bother getting used to the colors...

If you find my other post... something about hating you all.. [=D] I stated I was working on a hybrid of the two.

The look will be more akin to the previous black/gray look yet with similarities to this layout. The menus and buttons will all make their way into the new design and the white and green will most likely vanish.

Possibly a preview pic in the other thread tonight.
View Quote

...there is hope.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Don't bother getting used to the colors...

If you find my other post... something about hating you all.. [=D] I stated I was working on a hybrid of the two.

The look will be more akin to the previous black/gray look yet with similarities to this layout. The menus and buttons will all make their way into the new design and the white and green will most likely vanish.

Possibly a preview pic in the other thread tonight.
View Quote

Excellent!!! That's exactly what I wanted! GB's the man! err the goat! [:D]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Like the other look better.  Goatboy, stop smoking the pipe and put it away when you upgrade.  [V]  

[b]-RoadDog[/b]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top