Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2001 6:31:54 AM EDT
Yep, gun control hasn't disarmed enough sheeple yet, so they are going after the body armor!

[blue]ALERT - Glendening's SB209 - Bulletproof Body Armor - Restrictions on Possession, Use, and Sale

Take a look at

http://mlis.state.md.us/2001rs/billfile/sb0209.htm

then click on

http://mlis.state.md.us/2001rs/bills/sb/sb0209f.rtf   to read the bill.  Changes to the law are in CAPITAL LETTERS.

Only those citizens in specific categories deemed by the State to have a reasonable need will be able to purchase, own or possess body armour  and will receive a permit.  ANY PERSON WHO PURCHASES, OWNS, OR POSSESSES BULLETPROOF BODY ARMOR IS GUILTY OF A  MISDEMEANOR AND UPON CONVICTION IS SUBJECT TO A FINE OF NOT MORE THAN $5,000 OR IMPRISONMENT FOR NOT MORE THAN 5 YEARS OR BOTH.

"Maryland #1 in Robbery"
(Since '95 say FBI Uniform Crime Reports)

[/blue]
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 8:19:09 AM EDT
[#1]
This came out a few weeks ago on the news. What a crock of shit.  MD is rapidly going down the tubes.  What do you want to bet glendening will use the Texas 7 buying vests as an example why they "need" to ban it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#2]
MARYFORNIA ?
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Time to move to VA.
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Time to move to VA.
View Quote

I'd prefer WVa, actually.  That or Pennsylvania.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 12:38:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Our illustrious governor (who was elected by popular vote of dead people) believes their is no legitimate use for body armor.

Let's see, can't carry a gun, can't wear body armor, hmmm, how do we protect ourselves, Sire?
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Move south young man.

If MD elects another Democrat for govenor, gun-owners are going to be major screwed.

It's time for Berreta to leave the state.  They're the only industry in a poor southern MD county.  Time to see them flex some muscles.

I feel for you man...

Time to go screw with some liberals at www.democraticunderground.com, it'll make you feel better.

Hmm, UBB not working?
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Woh, at least we can still get those in Kali. Ya'll are taking it one step beyond. No fair. Kali is suppose to set the trend. Did you guys steel away FeinSWINE and peRATa?
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 4:59:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm glad to that I'm not the only poor soul who lives in md., or should I say Maryfornia as posted earlier? The future looks bad too. Glendenning's right hand bitch Townsend is just as bad as him. AS I read it, it's like Ca. SB23? If I already own a vest, it BECOMES a crime for me to posess it? Five more years till I retire, then I'm outta here!
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Why outlaw body armor, etc.? Why, the easier to perforate your sorry gun-lovin' a**, that's why!

Any more questions like that and it's a reeducation camp for you, young fellow...
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 6:27:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Never was really interested, but as with other PUnc (politicaly UNcorrect)things, makes me want to go buy at least 3 of 'em.
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Amen, brother...
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#12]
[size=3][red]Attention Maryland AR shooters - join us at The Maryland AR15 Shooters Site - [/red]http://communities.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite&naventryid=100[/size=3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Let's see, can't carry a gun, can't wear body armor, hmmm, how do we protect ourselves, Sire?[/quote]

His Majesty:  In order to obtain the lofty goal of Utopia, we musn't use such crude devices.  The lofty goal is worth giving op our meaningless lives.  Besides, we humans do too much damage to the holy environment.

Subject: (following his majesty to his car after work)  If it is worth giving up our lives for Utopia, then you won't mind being the first will you? BANG!! [kill]
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 2:55:48 PM EDT
[#14]
A person has a right to their own life as it is their own property. since i own my own body why should'nt i use a protective vest to shield my vitals
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top