Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2001 6:44:32 AM EDT
in the immortal words of Andreusan "OK guys, let 'er rip"
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 7:14:14 AM EDT
[#1]
So, what's the purpose of this thread?? To recount the terrible, treasonous things Hanoi Jane did?? To what end??

IMO, she's already receiving / will receive the most horrible punishment imaginable - to have to sleep with what she did in this life, and answer to her God in the next.

IMO, time to let it go, folks. It is NOT therapeutic to those she harmed to CONSTANTLY re-live it, and doesn't really exact any more revenge on her.

When you have to remind yourself of why you are mad at someone, its probably time to find someone new to be mad at.
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 7:23:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry dude but you are applying moral logic to an immoral being. If you think for one minute she carrys those ghosts with her, you are sorely mistaken. The fact that you have taken this stance has earned my sympathy.

Semper Fidelis
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 7:35:35 AM EDT
[#3]
ECR -

debatable point.

Maybe she does, maybe she doesn't. She claims to have "found religion." I don't feel qualified to judge the sincereity of her new found faith, I'll leave that to a Higher Being. Personally, I'm always skeptical of celebrity "religion." Bit its NOT my call to make.

There's lots of "immoral beings" out there that I'm not gonna pound on simply for teh sake of pounding on them. I prefer to learn the lessons their "immorality" teaches us, and then to move on.

If she truly is the "immoral being" you claim she is, then she's lovin' it when people like yourself get themselves all into a tizzy posting nasty stuff about her.

If she isn't the immoral being you claim, then all you've accomplished is to speak hatefully of someone who may indeed be trying to atone for her sins.

Nothing can change what she did. It was despicable, treasonous, beneath contempt. She did it to the people I have MORE respect for than any other group - the US soldier / sailor / airmen. particularly POW's. I've read several books about "Nam Pow's. One of them was about jeremiah Denton, held longer than any other US POW. From his words, I dare say he has "let it go." Why can't you???

I don't need your sympathy. Vets who truly suffered from her actions do. It just happens to be my opinion that these types of threads deepen their wounds more than they heal them.

Your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 7:42:09 AM EDT
[#4]
bitch.

My 2c.
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 8:03:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Point taken, as for the religion thing I'll defer to W.C. Fields "religion is the last vestige of the scounderal". As far as opening old wounds I truly feel that the only wounds healed by time are the ones that weren't realy wounds to begin with. The purpose of the post wasn't to bash but to continue to shine the light of truth on a truly despicable human being, lest we forget. Personaly as a vet I shall continue my duty to pass on moral beliefs no matter how "un-cool"  they may be because I feel that those who do not learn from history shall be doomed to repeat it.

Respectfuly
Clint
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 8:09:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Early Chow Recruit:
Personaly as a vet I shall continue my duty to pass on moral beliefs no matter how "un-cool"  they may be because I feel that those who do not learn from history shall be doomed to repeat it.

Respectfuly
Clint
View Quote

As you should. If more people would act out their morality, the world would be a better place.

It just seemed that "let 'er rip" would turn this thread into the usual "chum to the sharks" thread that doesn't benefit anyone.

Write a factual, dispassionate letter to the editor. Here, for the most part, we already believe what she did is despicable, and will never forget.
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 6:02:37 AM EDT
[#7]
By the way can enyone 30 and under recall which treasonous act this darling of hollywood performed ?
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 6:07:52 AM EDT
[#8]
1.  I didn't know that she had any friends.

2.  It is considered poor form to follow in the footsteps of a Troll...

Link Posted: 3/10/2001 6:28:38 AM EDT
[#9]
She has many freinds, they're the ones who think you shouldn't be alowed to own a gun. Who might the troll be and define troll.
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 6:30:28 AM EDT
[#10]
By the way can anyone 30 and under recall which treasonous act this darling of hollywood performed ?
View Quote

YES!!!  I am 26 years old and read everything I can get my hands on about the Vietnam War.  (Police Action, Yeah Right!)  Please forgive me if I am incorrect in any of these details, but I think I have the general idea.  If not, please correct me!  Here goes:

Jane Fonda was invited to Hanoi for a tour because of her extreme left leaning(read uncoordinated bank to you aviation types) political views.  While at the infamous "Hanoi Hilton", she was given opportunity to perform an inspection of the American prisoners.  As she shook their hands, each man slipped her a scrap of paper with his social security number on it.  She then gave the slips to the prison director, resulting in vicious reprisals, and I believe, at least one death.  She then returned to the U.S. (I do not say Home!) to spread her lies about the superb treatment our guys were receiving!  I say that she should be brought to trial, convicted of Grand Treason, and publicly hanged.  And no, Garandman, although I have deep feelings of anger and betrayal, I do not say these things for "revenge."  I believe that such action is necessary to assure justice, to help assuage the pain of our heroic combat vets, and to reinstill confidence in today's troops that we, America, will never again leave them to rot in the jungles of tyranny!

P.S. I am, as I said, 26.  I have a wife and three beautiful daughters.  I am preparing to join the Army soon.  I look forward to serving my country, and trust that I will honor you who have so faithfully given me my freedom.  God bless you, and GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 6:44:15 AM EDT
[#11]
She has many freinds, they're the ones who think you shouldn't be alowed to own a gun. Who might the troll be and define troll.
View Quote

1.  All of her "friends" are Whores. The second definition in the Dictionary...Venal and Unscrupulous.

2.  A Troll is someone who starts a thread like this one was started. The whole thing was based on getting people Fired Up and nothing, I repeat NOTHING was posted to justify the thread.

And further...A Troll is someone who shows their profound ignorance each and every time they post, or respond to a post. Reference: The person that you quoted when you started this thread.

And still further...Most Trolls are Liberals in AR-Clothing. Their whole existence is to try to "Flame The Fires" so that they can show their equally moronic, and profoundly stupid friends just how PC they can be.

And YES! This topic rubs a Raw Nerve with me. We had enough problems being over there without Treasonous Citizens like her stirring up the Sh*t just because it made her feel good to do so.

Jane Fonda is: [puke]

Link Posted: 3/10/2001 7:57:30 AM EDT
[#12]
The purpose of this thread was to educate the under thirty crowd of fence sitters on the ways of an elitist bitch who continues to make an incredible living in a country defended and populated by people she hates. If one of these fence sitters sees the light and refuses to lend patronage to one of her films or the works of anyone remotely involved with her than it has been worth my time. I'm sorry if this "rubs a raw nerve" but placing ones head in the sand makes them no better than the liberal ilk they propose to hate. As for the let it go thing that truely sounds like liberal backwash. In reguards to her freinds being whores it doesn't much matter, in case you haven't noticed they are winning ! So keep up the woah is me crap it will carry you far.

Semper Fidelis
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 8:03:15 AM EDT
[#13]
This bitch should suffer all the pain of all the military personnel, spooks, and others who were wounded, or kia, in Laos, Cambo, and Nam,forever, and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever!

P.S. Her swine spouse should suffer along with the bitch!

(CNN)COMMI NEWS NETWORKS TOO!
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 8:40:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Evil is as evil does. This aging queen of darkness has been protected by the prince of evil, just as he does with those in politics, the media, education, and the military whose goal is to destroy our freedoms and take away the very right to prevent evil from encrouching into our lives.
I view the bitch as I would slime on the bottom of a septic tank. I despised her when I was in Nam, and I despise her now. She is now a personification of the filth that has wormed it way into power positions while the mass majority of Americans have been asleep. Oh as far as I'm concerned she can't act worth a s**t either.
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 9:03:51 AM EDT
[#15]
This story is not true. find out why here http://urbanlegends.miningco.com/science/urbanlegends/library/weekly/aa110399b.htm

Quoted:

YES!!!  I am 26 years old and read everything I can get my hands on about the Vietnam War.  (Police Action, Yeah Right!)  Please forgive me if I am incorrect in any of these details, but I think I have the general idea.  If not, please correct me!  Here goes:

Jane Fonda was invited to Hanoi for a tour because of her extreme left leaning(read uncoordinated bank to you aviation types) political views.  While at the infamous "Hanoi Hilton", she was given opportunity to perform an inspection of the American prisoners.  As she shook their hands, each man slipped her a scrap of paper with his social security number on it.  She then gave the slips to the prison director, resulting in vicious reprisals, and I believe, at least one death.  She then returned to the U.S. (I do not say Home!) to spread her lies about the superb treatment our guys were receiving!  I say that she should be brought to trial, convicted of Grand Treason, and publicly hanged.  And no, Garandman, although I have deep feelings of anger and betrayal, I do not say these things for "revenge."  I believe that such action is necessary to assure justice, to help assuage the pain of our heroic combat vets, and to reinstill confidence in today's troops that we, America, will never again leave them to rot in the jungles of tyranny!

P.S. I am, as I said, 26.  I have a wife and three beautiful daughters.  I am preparing to join the Army soon.  I look forward to serving my country, and trust that I will honor you who have so faithfully given me my freedom.  God bless you, and GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am preparing to join the Army soon.  I look forward to serving my country, and trust that I will honor you who have so faithfully given me my freedom.  God bless you, and GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!
View Quote

More power to ya.

I happen to agree with Garandman, to a point. What the b%tch did in Vietnam was so disgraceful, I find it hard to believe she had the sauce to do it. My father served in Vietnam and I know more than many about that period in our past (b.a. in history). However, it was thirty years ago and she isn't still doing that sort of thing.

I see more elected politicians selling us out and doing things ten or a hundred times worse than the witch ever did. And they continue to do so. They are our enemies now.

Link Posted: 3/10/2001 11:42:04 AM EDT
[#17]
The other side continues to dredge up and fabricate crap from the 1800's and you people think you can combat this mentality by forgiving and forgeting ? Please ! the truth only hurts those who seek to subvert it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#18]
The other side continues to dredge up and fabricate crap from the 1800's and you people think you can combat this mentality by forgiving and forgeting ? Please ! the truth only hurts those who seek to subvert it.
View Quote

???
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#19]
The purpose of this thread was to educate the under thirty crowd of fence sitters on the ways of an elitist bitch who continues to make an incredible living in a country defended and populated by people she hates. If one of these fence sitters sees the light and refuses to lend patronage to one of her films or the works of anyone remotely involved with her than it has been worth my time. I'm sorry if this "rubs a raw nerve" but placing ones head in the sand makes them no better than the liberal ilk they propose to hate. As for the let it go thing that truely sounds like liberal backwash. In reguards to her freinds being whores it doesn't much matter, in case you haven't noticed they are winning ! So keep up the woah is me crap it will carry you far.

Semper Fidelis
View Quote

I rest my case with reference to sophmoric liberal trolls...

Link Posted: 3/10/2001 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#20]
She was in Hanoi and she sat on a commie AA gun
for a propaganda photo thereby giving aid and
comfort to the enemy. How did she get there in
the first place? Who in the US Govt. gave her
a passport to go to Hanoi.
It is one thing to demonstrate here in America
but to go to the country that the US is in a
state of war with and consort with the enemy
is an act of treason.

Reasons why I participated in the MayDay anti
war demonstrations.
1.Rules of engagement put our warriors at risk
 and at a disadvantage.
 a. the prohibition of bombing the bridges
    and railheads coming out of China.
 b. the prohibition of bombing every stinking
    ship in Haifong(sp?) harbor; ships from
    Canada, France, England and almost every
    outher Nation carrying goods to keep the
    Commie war machine grinding up our guys.
 c. our own treasonous Military and Pols who
    did not have a clue as to what was going
    on and just kept the war going to get
    some "combat time" for their resumes or
    get re-elected and fill the pockets of  
    the military industural complex buddies.

Jane Fonda should be made to cut the grass and
pull the weeds at Arlington for the rest of her
life and think long and hard about how many
Americans died because of her.
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#21]
in the immortal words of Andreusan "OK guys, let 'er rip"
View Quote

Dont get mad, get even!

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1513476&a=11434535&p=43322034[/img]

Available at The Last Firebase, located near Wall in DC. You can pay your respects, and buy some cool stickers when you're there. [:)]
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#22]
LOL.
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 3:38:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I really haven't heard anything about Jane Fonda in a long time.
I prefer just to ignore her and who she is. She doesn't deserve my attention.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top