Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2001 6:31:24 AM EDT
I have a bushy 24'bbl,had to send the upper back to get windage problem resolved, (16 clicks to left) What is typical accuracy for this rifle with open sights? Also, what would be the best weight of bullet for 100yds?  200yds? Does any one Use the Trijicon reflex site with the 4moa dot? How is it at long range (200yds)?
         Thanks Ralph
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 6:52:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got a BM 24" Vmatch that went back as well.  24 clicks left.  They turned it around in 2 days.  Very good service.

We had a guy shoot 1/2 MOA at 100 yards with a standard 20" BM AR sandbagged on the bench.  Standard ammo.  The 24" Vmatch should do better yet.

100 or 200 yards the 55gr bullets will do fine.  I shot Hipower at 200 yards w/standard 55gr.  

I prefer the Reflex II with the 12.5 moa triangle.  I've used the 4moa and it's small and a little dim.  The 12.5 triangle will allow more precise shooting than the 4 moa, since the triangle tip is smaller.

The Reflex does fine at 200 yards.  Only problem is that a 4moa dot covers an 8" circle at that distance.
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 8:02:35 AM EDT
[#2]
When is Bushy ever going to get the sights straight on new guns??  Why the hell dont they test fire for accuracy with these things before shipping them out?  

I'm beginning to think pimp daddy Jackson said it right: "Stay outta da BUSHES!"

[smash]    [spank]
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 8:04:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I've bought two uppers from Bushmaster w/ no problems.  I think a handful of incidents get blown out of proportion.  Every Bushmaster has fvcked up sights just like ever glock detonates in the shooter's hand.
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 8:12:03 AM EDT
[#4]
My BM is fine, no probs. With open sights I get 2.5" groups with handloaded 55 gr.bthp sierra. It is a dissapator with a free floated handguard.
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I've bought two uppers from Bushmaster w/ no problems.  I think a handful of incidents get blown out of proportion.  Every Bushmaster has fvcked up sights just like ever glock detonates in the shooter's hand.
View Quote

And the frame of every SIG will crack after 1,000 rounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top