Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2001 2:22:51 PM EDT
[url]http://gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=2683476[/url]

Oh Yeah. Great Idea Displaying That In Front Of Your House. Anybody wanna guess on How Long before he get's his house burned down ?
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 2:39:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Worse yet, it's utterly overpriced and in poor condition. Worth maybe $100 at a militaria show.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't McUzi live in Florida like this guy?
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Upon close inspection of the picture I see this is an "Estate Sale."

Somebody already did the sucker.
[:D]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Doesn't McUzi live in Florida like this guy?
View Quote

LOL!
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I wonder why anybody would buy that crap.
I would not give .10 cents for it myself
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 3:42:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It will probably get yanked by Ebay.  As of a few months ago, you can't sell any "nazi memorabilia" on Ebay.  Violates their ethics, just like guns.
View Quote

What would Ebay have to do with it?
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess I don't see anything wrong with it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I am not sure what the big deal is?  It is a swastika.  Yikes, I have never seen one of those before.  

I wouldn’t buy it myself but it could have its uses.  Jim Williams who lived in Mercer house a nice house in a nice circle in Savannah Georgia woke up one day to have the inconvenience of a film company filming a Civil War movie in front of his home, blocking his ingress and egress from the property and making noise and such.  He could not get them to leave so he took an oversized Nazi flag and hung it from his balcony.  The film company who could not film around it left unhappy.  

(This is from memory so some minor facts may be wrong)

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#10]
It's pretty obviously hung up on a crane for the photo.  EBay only bans Nazi memorabilia for France & Germany at those country's request.  Just noticed this is gunbroker.  Duh!

I had an armband like that when I was a kid.  My Mom brought it back from Europe in WWII..  All my Dad brought back was my mom.  [:D]

Cn't spel tuday.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#11]
flying that flag is fine as long as it is lower than ol,glory.....dude just needs tall flagpole
but it aint worth the asking price......
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder what his neighbors were thinking.

BTW, did anyone see the gay hitler skit on "Weekend Update" on Saturday Night Live a few weeks ago? Hillarious.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I would like to have it,  not that I would pay that much for it though.

I have one of Ohsama's ears.

What is my first did?
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Depending on if theirs any provenance with it might be under valued.

Nazi memorabilia can be worth serious coin.
I've seen complete uniforms sell for several grand.
Personally I think it would look great as a table cloth for a table at a gun show.

For  maby a luger/p-38 collector?
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#15]
ebays policy is kinda screwy its ok as long as its original but if its a repro or if they say your advicating nazi'ism they will can the auction

Link Posted: 12/12/2001 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#16]
... I don't get it. It's just a memorabilia sale. WTF. I wouldn't want it. I'm with Hannah, I don't think it would raise $300.

... The guy said he only hoisted it with his crane (to take a picture of the huge f*cker)
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 5:19:23 AM EDT
[#17]
I think the dumb ass is the one who posted the orig. notice. He must not know that we fought the nazis' and won and as most all G.I.'s did, they brought trophies' home of their success. Collectors of history keep the history alive, thank God. Is it OK to show a Jap flag? When our troops bring home some of the Taliban militaria to include flags, are they supposed to hide those too? Give me a break, we fight these type war to preserve our freedoms, to include right of free speech, not discourage it. Where did the man promote Nazism, and is the Nazi party illegal, No to both. The Vietcong flag was carried all over the place by protesters in the late 60's and early 70's, that's their right, we don't have to like it, but the freedom to do so is what's important.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 5:36:55 AM EDT
[#18]
I just e-mailed him with this...

If you don't sell it, I'll let you ship it to me and send you a copy of a video of me burning that mother for free...
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 5:55:45 AM EDT
[#19]
You guys all seem to be thinking that anyone that would want this would be of the "Skinhead" mindset.  While there are some that would no doubt fit that category,  It occurs to me that for the men that brought these home, it served as a reminder that "I kicked this SOB's ass and TOOK this symbol of his power from him."

I think there are a lot of younger folks that might like to have the same item for the same reason.  ie. "My Dad (or Granddad)Kicked your Dad's (Or Granddad's)Ass and took his flag."  

I see these types of war trophies as a reminder that if our hand is forced we can do the same to their offspring, so they better not forget it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top