Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2001 9:50:35 AM EDT
If you don't like the outcome... Litigate! Hell, I got cut in 8th grade from football...my dad told me, tough schitt son, work harder and don't give up if you want to make it. You control your own future...now this generation can sue. Sad.

TIMES WIRE SERVICE:

UNION CITY -- The father of a James Logan High School sophomore seeks $1.5 million in damages and the dismissal of the school's basketball coach after his son didn't make the varsity.

Lynn Rubin sued the New Haven Unified School District on Nov. 27 because his son, Jawaan, was told to return to the junior varsity after being asked to try out for varsity.

The family had rearranged its schedules to accommodate the varsity team's practice times, the suit said.

Coach Blake Chong, who cited a policy limiting sophomores to JV when he cut Jawaan Rubin, didn't consult with the parents before cutting their son, according to the suit. After Jawaan confronted Chong about the decision, he was dropped from the JV team, the suit said.

Chong refused comment Monday.

Rubin's older son, Janou, starred under Chong at James Logan and is a sophomore guard at UCLA. The father said he calculated the damages based on potential wages lost from his son's possible pro career.

What a spoiled generation...the 9mm gen ZZZZZZ.[V]
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]

Link Posted: 12/12/2001 9:59:33 AM EDT
[#1]
i heard about this on the radio, i still can't believe it.

edited to add, "omly in kalifornia"
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Ja know, Ju boy, Juwaan, jus sux!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Wonder if his wife sues him over "non-orgasmic" sex??? Just a thought on his lunacy...

Californication...they're screwed,
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue[/b]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:48:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmmmm....I wonder if I can sue Oreo and other cookie companies because I got fat from eating them...

medcop
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 11:00:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I liked this line:

Coach Blake Chong, who cited a policy limiting sophomores to JV when he cut Jawaan Rubin, didn't consult with the parents before cutting their son, according to the suit.
View Quote

Now they want a coach to "consult" with the parents before cutting a player?

BWHAHAHA! Where do these people come from?

Oh, wait a sec. You wouldn't belive the crap that some of the parents come up with here!

Av.

Link Posted: 12/12/2001 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#6]
ARRGG. The kid isn't good enought to play varsity, and his dad is caculating from a "pro carrer'??? What kinda logic is that?? Oh.. I know... the same logic that says we have to pay reparations for a slavery practice that ended aver 100 years ago.

Scerw 'em. [-!-]

[smoke]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#7]
This is great!! No I can sue the highschool I went to for not having a Hockey program. Since I had to play house league in stead of Highschool hockey it prevented my ability to be a professional player. I wan tmy $1.5 million in lost revenue back!! Thats it I am calling my lawer, in fact I'll sue him too for not finding out about this first!! [;)]

[beer]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#8]
WTF?  No where is it ever written that they even have to let him try out.  What a f'ing loser.  My son is Varsity material. Riiiiiiiiight!  

Its at the coaches disgression and there is nothing that says they even have to give him a reason for being cut.

Isn't football an extracuricular activity? When did it become the f'ing end-all, be-all school priority?
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Shakespeare said it best

"First off we kill all the lawyers"
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#10]
SOME PEOPLE[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#11]
How many of these wierd cases actually get heard?
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is great!! No I can sue the highschool I went to for not having a Hockey program.
View Quote

Good idea!  We didn't have an ice hockey program back home and Jagr makes $10M/year, so I want $10M from the Sierra Sands Unified School District.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top