Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2001 2:38:18 AM EDT
I hope they never "need" to put it to use here.
Third point of interest from the bottom of the article:

The Marines have expanded their operations around Kandahar. U.S. troops are stopping everyone, searching for weapons and destroying any that they find. Afghans who surrender their weapons are allowed to leave. Those who resist are killed.
View Quote

[url]http://abcnews.go.com/sections/world/DailyNews/strike_MAIN.html[/url]

Link Posted: 12/12/2001 2:46:05 AM EDT
[#1]
hummmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 3:39:08 AM EDT
[#2]
It is a bit scary, but I think we can trust folks who charge into the mouth of a roaring cannon for us, to know that their duty lies in honoring their commitment to uphold the United States Constitution!

Against [u]all[/u] enemies, foreign and domestic, even those in high political office!

Eric The('They'AreUs!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 3:41:58 AM EDT
[#3]
[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/005/6J/HL/KF/2784256.jpg[/img]

[:D]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 4:04:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Let us just hope those "in charge" never declare American gun owners to be those enemies.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 4:08:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Let us just hope those "in charge" never declare American gun owners to be those enemies.
View Quote

That's my fear too.  Gives me a cold, empty feeling in my stomach thinking about it.....

[shivers]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 4:17:25 AM EDT
[#6]
From time to time, the Tree of Liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots, and tyrants.

Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:04:16 AM EDT
[#7]
As I said to an insulting prick over on Assaultweb, any Marine officer who ordered his men to start confiscating privately owned weapons from American civilians, or fire on those who refuse to surrender them, would have a damn sight more to worry about from his own men than from said civilians.

Also, from news reports that I've seen and read, the Marines were letting a lot of weapons through if they appeared to be for personal protection (AK-47s) rather than combat operations (RPGs, SAMs, GPMGs).
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:08:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As I said to an insulting prick over on Assaultweb, any Marine officer who ordered his men to start confiscating privately owned weapons from American civilians, or fire on those who refuse to surrender them, would have a damn sight more to worry about from his own men than from said civilians.
View Quote

Respectfully:

We all want to agree with you.  What will be the character of Marines and their leaders in the year 2015 though? 2030?
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:38:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We all want to agree with you.  What will be the character of Marines and their leaders in the year 2015 though? 2030?
View Quote

The Marine Corps will continue to attract the best young men from the society which they protect. The ethos that the Marine Corps imparts to these young men is the key to the equation: Honor, Courage and Committment.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but weren't you attempting to enlist just a little while ago? How could you try to join up in an organization you suspect of complicity in someday instituting Police State America?
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:44:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Marines will continue to attract the best young men from the society which they protect. The ethos that the Marine Corps imparts to these young men is the key to the equation: Honor, Courage and Committment.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but weren't you attempting to enlist just a little while ago? How could you try to join up in an organization you suspect of complicity in someday instituting Police State America?
View Quote

Negative, that was X--kill attempting to enlist. I used the word "Respectfully" when I posted my response 'cause that's how I wanted you to interpret it.  It's not the young men bravely serving over there that I've got a problem with.  I'm concerned about the direction our gubment is going, and whether they will be successful at "conditioning" enlistees (long term type of plan) like public schools are trying to condition our children.  Just and honest (tinfoil hat?) concern - no disrespect intended.

(I'd have to be [b]stoopid[/b] to start a Marine bashing thread here - I've got waaaay too much money tied up in dental work, thank you.)
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:57:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Ask anyone here who went to charm school at Parris Island, San Diego or Quantico and they'll tell you: the Marine Corps as an institution is [b]VERY[/b] resistant to change, political or otherwise. There is a professional core of officers and Staff NCOs who are in it until retirement. They pass on the core values and "corporate culture," for lack of a better term, to one-termers like me. They are also the institutional memory of the Corps, having been trained by the cadre of professionals from the generation before them. The Marine Corps honors, respects and damn near deifies the men who came before us, the "Old Corps," far too much to dishonor them by dishonoring our Corps.

I don't know what else I can tell you to reassure you on this point. The Marine Corps is [b]part[/b] of the "gun culture" of America. Too many of us learned to love the crack of rifle fire going downrange and the smell of cordite while wearing an Eagle, Globe and Anchor on our chest to ever take part in its destruction or stand by and allow it to be destroyed.

Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:59:38 AM EDT
[#12]
I find that comforting.  Thank you.

Edited to add:  A close friend of mine from high school served for 8 years, was in the Gulf war - Army Intelligence.  He's all for disarming [b]EVERYBODY[/b] except the military and the police.  Maybe every Marine is pro 2nd, but I can garuantee you everybody in the Army isn't.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 6:02:15 AM EDT
[#13]
My work here is done... [marines]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 6:10:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I find that comforting.  Thank you.

Edited to add:  A close friend of mine from high school served for 8 years, was in the Gulf war - Army Intelligence.  He's all for disarming [b]EVERYBODY[/b] except the military and the police.  Maybe every Marine is pro 2nd, but I can garuantee you everybody in the Army isn't.
View Quote

That's what they get for this new "sensativity training" that they now include in Basic (I can prophetically see myself doing LOTS of pushups during that week when I go back thru [:D])

Give Abdul a hug, right before you stick him in the guts...
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I just read the article, a fricken B1 bomber went down???  
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just read the article, a fricken B1 bomber went down???  
View Quote

Yes, a B1 went down.  There's already another thread on that one.

Foxnews moved it - sorry.  Try:

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,40630,00.html[/url]

Still almost all they way down at the bottom.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
As I said to an insulting prick over on Assaultweb
View Quote

Could you be more specific?  That's too big a plate to choose from...
[:D]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#18]
One of my first threads here on this board about two years ago; was about a Marine at a local gun store who thought that Citizens did not "need" hi-capacity magazines. there was about 4 pages of debate between Ferretray (i assume a Marine) and i. he unfortuanely took it as if i were bashing the Core. i was not. only to show that not all Marines are "pro" second amendment in its "complete" form. in other words the 2nd without unconstitutional restrictions such as caliber/mag capacity.

if for some reason the UN, and i think that only an international fighting force backed by our own government could do this; would be able to confiscate private arms as per State Department Publication 7277 (wich may or may not be a hoax). i dont believe for a second that current rank and file police and military service personel would be crazy enough to partake in the confiscation of 250 million plus weapons.

if this were to happen; i expect the Marines as well as other branches to coup against the government for blatant unconstitutional act that conflicts with a servicemen's oath of protecting the constitution from domestic enemies. i know this sounds crazy, but what would happen?

pro-military lib
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 3:55:48 PM EDT
[#19]
That sounds about right, Lib.

You know what they say: There's a certain percentage of any group or organization that exist only as a suck on the otherwise productive and upstanding majority.

Those guys would be buttstroked to the deck while the ones giving the unConstitutional orders were being fired up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top