Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2001 10:05:12 PM EDT
I recently got a Garmin GPSIII plus from a friend but it did not have the instruction booklet. I downloaded a copy of it from Garmins website. But I cant seem to find out how to upload the mapsource info from the CD's. I need to know how to do this. Also I have 2 mapsource CD's Waterways & Lights Worldmap Anyone want to do any tradeing, maybe we can get a few guys here with the cd's and get a network of the maps going.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 11:26:40 PM EDT
I just bought 2 of 'em ! (one for the car and one for my "bug out bag") They are really nice and the price was pretty good. (around 300 bucks @) I bought the USA MapSource U.S. Roads & Recreation CD as well. It was pretty straigtforward. - Connect the supplied (supplied with the GPS units)cable to an available serial port on your computer. - Install the software (I think there was an update available on the garmin web site) - Select the map areas you wish to download. (the memory in the GPS unit is fairly limited so you can only download a few map areas -- I was able to fit 5 NJ counties in mine) - Mark any waypoints, etc... - Download to your unit.... Let me know if you need any help, I'll connect one of mine to the 'ol laptop and write out a detailed step-by-step guide. Good Luck ! BTW: I like the "network of maps" concept ! [:D](for "evaluation purposes" of course!)[;)]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:01:38 PM EDT
Hey do you have a high speed internet connection? We could do a file transfer that way or. We could do what ever you would want, so I could try out that Roads and Recreation.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 8:48:50 AM EDT
Anyone else have any of the mapsourse cd's that they would be willing to trade around?
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 9:02:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/13/2001 8:55:57 AM EDT by Boomholzer]
All, I have a older model of the GPSIII (not the plus). I believe the factory supplied US map version is Ver2.0. Does anyone know if the new "US Roads and Recreation" is limited to the newer GPSIII+ models? I bought this unit used and suspect that it is of "1999 vintage". There is one round input (NEMA?) jack with about 9pins on the unit. If required I could supply futher info. Thanks in advance for any information that can be provided.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 12:43:57 PM EDT
I'm surprised that nobody has said they have the US topographic disc.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 1:29:00 PM EDT
Thast the cd im really looking for. If anyone has it please let us know
Top Top