Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2001 5:54:40 PM EDT
I have been thinking about getting a Garand but I would like to scope it and the only mount I have found is the one sold by Fulton Armory. The mount seems to replace the rear sight plus the rings are already attached to the mount. Is there a top quality mount available that permits the use of the rear sight or at least accepts Weaver or Picatinny mount rings, thanks.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 5:58:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:03:00 PM EDT
Wow, I'm pretty sure you can go to jail for that. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:35:55 PM EDT
If this is the mount my buddy has on his the scope is also offset to the left side of the rifle quite a bit, but this is how the original sniper scopes were mounted. It takes a little getting used to but it works.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:57:15 PM EDT
I have 3 Springfield Garands. One is all original 1944, one is all GI 1941, the third is 1942 reciever but had an NM barrel and op rod when I got it. So, since this is not too sacrilegious, I put a B-Square mount on it. It is offset like the original M1C and M1D. You do have to remove the rear sight to mount it, but it is nice and I recommend it. Go to [url]http://www.reliablehost.com/bsquare/classicmil_2.html[/url] to see it. Oh, it will work on on non-Springfield Garands as well.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 9:32:58 PM EDT
Thanks for the information and Paul sorry for wanting to commit sacrilege, I was just hoping I could scope the Garand and use it for a long range varmint rifle for two legged varmints maybe even wearing blue helmets. I checked out the B-Square Site but I still have to remove the rear sight, but at least I can use weaver type rings so it should work OK as long as I can live with losing the rear sight. Well I will probally just forget about getting one to scope at least for now and just enjoy the Garand for what it is, the best battle rifle of WWII and still a very fine rifle. Realistically if you have a Garand you have all the rifle you will ever need for combat. VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Top Top