Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2001 5:54:40 PM EDT
I have been thinking about getting a Garand but I would like to scope it and the only mount I have found is the one sold by Fulton Armory. The mount seems to replace the rear sight plus the rings are already attached to the mount. Is there a top quality mount available that permits the use of the rear sight or at least accepts Weaver or Picatinny mount rings, thanks.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 5:58:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, I'm pretty sure you can go to jail for that. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#3]
If this is the mount my buddy has on his the scope is also offset to the left side of the rifle quite a bit, but this is how the original sniper scopes were mounted. It takes a little getting used to but it works.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I have 3 Springfield Garands.  One is all original 1944, one is all GI 1941, the third is 1942 reciever but had an NM barrel and op rod when I got it.  So, since this is not too sacrilegious, I put a B-Square mount on it.  It is offset like the original M1C and M1D.  You do have to remove the rear sight to mount it, but it is nice and I recommend it.  Go to

[url]http://www.reliablehost.com/bsquare/classicmil_2.html[/url] to see it.

Oh, it will work on on non-Springfield Garands as well.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 9:32:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the information and Paul sorry for wanting to commit sacrilege, I was just hoping I could scope the Garand and use it for a long range varmint rifle for two legged varmints maybe even wearing blue helmets. I checked out the B-Square Site but I still have to remove the rear sight, but at least I can use weaver type rings so it should work OK as long as I can live with losing the rear sight. Well I will probally just forget about getting one to scope at least for now and just enjoy the Garand for what it is, the best battle rifle of WWII and still a very fine rifle. Realistically if you have a Garand you have all the rifle you will ever need for combat.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top