Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2001 11:15:51 PM EDT
Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the people’s liberty’s teeth.
--George Washington

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
--Thomas Jefferson
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 11:17:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that true?
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 2:12:38 AM EDT
[#3]
"I've outlawed the Russian's.  The missiles will be flying in 5 minutes.  God bless America"
Ronald Reagan

Why give them 5 minutes of warning?
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 6:31:28 AM EDT
[#4]
"Speak softly and carry a big stick."

- Theodore Roosevelt
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Here is one from a Founding Father.   This quote is one of my favorites. Given the times, this quote is quite relevent to our situations.

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety desearve neither liberty nor safety."
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 8:39:34 AM EDT
[#7]
"This conflict was begun on the timing and terms of others; It will end in a way and at an hour of our choosing"........... President George W. Bush
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#8]
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824.

"We must train and classify the whole of our male citizens, and make military instruction a regular part of collegiate education. We can never be safe till this is done."
--Thomas Jefferson to James Monroe, 1813.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than
an armed man."
--Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria in On Crimes and Punishment (1764).

And from the President of the NRA:

"The Brady law has been in effect for three years now. In that time, the Federal government has prosecuted seven people, and convicted three of them. The President has entertained more felons than that at Whitehouse fundraisers, for Pete's sake."
- Charlton Heston, on Meet The Press, 18-May-97
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Ronald Reagan:

The march of freedom and democracy . . . will leave Marxist-Leninism on the ash heap of history.

Republicans believe every day is 4th of July, but Democrats believe every day is April 15.

Trust, but verify.

Government is not the solution to the problem, government is the problem.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it
to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on
for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our
children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where
men were free.

[marines]

Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Far to many to list here so, here is a link to some of Ronald Regan's best.

[url]http://victorian.fortunecity.com/manet/404/rg/quotes.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#11]
[size=2][i]"I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."[/i][/size=2]
- [size=2][b]George W. Bush[/size=2][/b]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 8:30:03 PM EDT
[#12]
... I win
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#13]
"I did not have sexual relations with Ms. Lewinski."-Bill Clinton
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 12:46:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Assault weapons ban???  Sounds good to me, where do I sign?

Our leaders daddy.

Link Posted: 12/13/2001 1:58:08 AM EDT
[#15]
"Depends on what your definition of "IS" is."

-William Jefferson Clinton
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top