Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 12/10/2001 2:55:41 PM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/587663/posts[/url] If he means parking tickets arround crowded gun shows...I'd agree
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:29:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/10/2001 6:23:54 PM EDT by Muselix]
From Cincinnati Police Lt. Col Jenke's testimony in regards to the challange to ORC 2923.12 (CCW Ban) http://www.chuckkleinauthor.com/Feely.html Questioned by MR. GUSTAVSON: Q Now, do you carry a firearm off duty? A Sometimes. . . . Q You carry that weapon to protect your own safety? A Yes. Q Do you carry that weapon to protect the safety of your family? A If they re with me, yes. Q You do that, because you believe your life is valuable and you want to protect it, if need be? A Yes. Q Same thing with your family, you carry that weapon because you believe that your family s life is valuable and you want to protect it? A Yes. Q Is there any difference in the worth of your life or the worth of my lives of any of the Plaintiffs in this case? A I m not going to express an opinion on it. Questioned by BY MR. SMITH: Q Are you familiar with the Ohio Constitutional provisions on going armed? A No. I have no knowledge of that at all. Q None whatsoever. Did you consider -- A A Constitutional provision, is it titled going armed? Q Pardon? A I don t know what you re even talking about. Q The right to bear arms. The Ohio Constitution provisions regarding the right to bear arms. A My -- I m -- I don t -- I m not aware of the context that you re putting this in. Q So have you ever read the constitutional provision dealing with going armed? A It mirrors the U.S. Constitution. Right? Q Have you ever read it? A Not recently. I know I have at some point. Sigh. . . In case you are unfamiliar with the Ohio State Constitution: 1.04 Bearing arms; standing armies; military powers (1851) The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security; but standing armies, in time of peace, are dangerous to liberty, and shall not be kept up; and the military shall be in strict subordination to the civil power. And you thought the Second Amendment was clear.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 7:30:02 PM EDT
There IS a reason why I avoided Ohio when looking at law school possibilities. Mike
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 7:55:50 PM EDT
My opinions of Cincinnati police are not favorable. This idiot doesn't help!!
Top Top