Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2001 12:27:20 AM EDT
Finally our Government confirmed what the rumour net has been chatting about for some time! Yes, the Aussie SASR is there in that shithole of a place (Afghanistan) and official photos of the Lads from Swanbourne (WA) in their LRPVs (Our version of Pink Panthers) have been released.

The lads are sharing Camp Rhino with the USMC and others. But what about the Canadian JTF2? Are they there? We heard that the PPLCI were on their way too. Are they there? Can anyone confirm?

Advance Australia!
1feral1
Sydney
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 1:09:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Australian Army Training Team Viet Nam. Oh yes! We got a bloke in our unit, he's pushing 55 now, one of the last AATTV members still in the Army. He's short, could loose a few Kgs, he loves his Jack Daniels, and Crown Lager, and really knows his shit. A coloured past like know one I've met. Ex Artillery, now RAAOC, a QM, a WO2, just marking time now to retire. What's he gonna do? He fly's helos now and a buch of blokes have got together to buy this helo.

He's a top bloke who I have a lot of time for, and I've got going on 26 yrs in (in two armies)! I have met alot of people over the years, and he is in the top few.

1feral1
Sydney

He's got some good photos. He did a couple of tours in some real HOT areas.
Cheers
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I had heard the rumors too, and wondered why no one had 'caught' them yet.  Even the British SAS have been 'caught' by the media, and you know how they are about their secrecy.

Good luck,

Hey feral, do you know if your government will let your blokes keep the reward money? US government employees dont seem to be elegiable but yours might[;)]

Might make a few months in that shithole a little more worth while.

Do you know if your government has a mutual aid agreement with the Philippines like we do?  The AUS SAS and our SPECOPS guys might be doing this all over again in a few months in the South Philippine Islands...
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Not too sure what the Canadians are up to...last thing I saw was this: [url]http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/americas/12/05/ret.afghan.canada.reut/index.html[/url]

Fis_Prod
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 4:01:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top