Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2001 4:23:51 AM EDT
The trigger on my new (I've only shot 350 rounds through it so far) Bushmaster AK Shorty is awful. It's heavy and has lots of creep. I would order a Jewell trigger for it today except for the fact that I haven't the vaguest idea how to install and adjust the damn thing and I doubt if there are any so-called gunsmiths around here who know how to it. Plus, I don't like the idea of having to ship the lower off to get the work done by someone who is qualified. If there is anyone here on this forum in the Pittsburgh area (I live 80 mi. south of Pittsburgh) who can do it, I'll hand deliver it.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:55:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:51:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Skipper: My cave is in Wheeling, when you find out on the "how" you than can do my unit.hehe
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:58:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll tell you what... I just ordered one from Ga. Precision and I will figure out how to install it or will find somebody to do it for me. [b]The factory trigger has got to go![/b]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Like Waldo said -- they ship with complete instructions.  Why, a child of five could do it![:D]  Takes about half an hour if you're as slow as I am.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#5]
... a synopsis at:
[url]http://www.egpworld.com/hp/trigger/Default.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#6]
A better set of instructions is found at [url]www.highpowerrifle.com[/url].  No problem, 1/2 hour, tops.

SRM
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 2:22:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks to all. I'll let you know how it goes and maybe ask more questions while in the middle of the job.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:05:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Go to the Build It Yourself Forum and search for Georgia Precision.  He'll have the best price.

Go slow and easy.  Don't force anything.  A trick I use is to take two old pins, chuck them in a drill and sand them down about 1/100" or so and assemble the trigger on those first.  then drive the new pins in displacing these.  It can help to eliminate that 3rd and 4th hand you need some times.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:13:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Halfcocked, that sounds like a great idea . . . only problem is I don't have any extra (old)pins unless new pins come with the trigger.
(Edited to add) What if I would take some nails of the appropiate diameter, cut them to length and use them for old pins?
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 5:00:13 AM EDT
[#10]
While you are ordering your trigger, just mention that you need some NEW Hammer & Trigger pins. They are cheap and will be alot better than a nail.
GPSS
[url]www.georgiaprecision.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 5:06:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Ga. Precision -  I ordered the trigger from you yesterday on your web site, order# 1679-8496-2155. How about you add the pins and ship with the trigger. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top