Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2001 8:46:54 PM EDT
Several comments have been made about FFL's, customers, pricing, etc. Well, I recently had an experience with UPS that left me less than pleased with their service. A customer called me and wanted a S&W 638 Airweight Bodyguard. My local wholsaler did not have the gun so I went out of state to locate one. I found one in PA at a wholsaler that I had done business with in the past. The particular gun in question was $17.00 less with him than with my local wholsaler. I asked him what the charges were to send it up to NY and he said $23.00 on top of the cost of the gun. $20.50 for UPS next day air and $2.50 for a n "adult signature required" fee. That put the cost of the gun $4.00 over the local wholesale cost. So where the hell is my so-called 10% in this deal?. I call my customer and explain the whole thing to him and he says he will wait for me to get the S&W locally. Three days later I get a call form the wholsaler stating that the 638 is in. Something should be done with UPS. Everyone should boycott the SOB's and Mfg's should boycott them and we all should find another carrier to handle our needs.Just my personal opinion, I could be wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top