Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2001 12:32:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 12:35:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Am I missing something here???

Tell them you are shipping it for (how did they word it?? ) ...for "customization or repair."

Link Posted: 12/7/2001 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I've shipped a few firearms via UPS and have never been asked why I'm shipping the firearm.
Most of the firearms I shipped were for repairs or customizing. I did sell a rifle to a licensed dealer in Texas. I insisted he send a signed copy of his FFL to me first or I wouldn't sell it to him, just to cover my own ass.

You do have to take it to a UPS package center, they will not pick it up and you cannot take it to one of those places in shopping malls that ship packages.

Link Posted: 12/7/2001 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I just quickly read the firearms paragraph in thier shipping guide and it does say an individual can only ship a firearm for repair or customizing but as long as Your positive its going to a proper FFL dealer I wouldn't sweat thier policy.

You can download thier policy in PDF form from thier website or I can email it to You. What your looking for is on page 4.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Fed Ex
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I forget what I paid for shipping via UPS but I think it was around $12-$15 for rifles. Handguns must be shipped overnight and that usually costs around $30.

The rifle I sold to the Texas dealer cost almost $50 to ship as he insisted it be shipped overnight so he could take it to a gunshow that weekend. He paid the shipping so it meant nothing to me if he wanted to spend the money.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 1:55:28 PM EDT
[#7]
H. Ranger,
apparently where you lives matters.
Here in Oklahoma City area UPS will not even pick-up a gun to ship to anyone or to anywhere from an FFL.
Now UPS will deliver 10,000 guns to an FFL. Reason given by UPS makes complete sense - too many guns are stolen by employees when picked up from dealers.  Apparently these same employees do not steal when delivering. yeah, unhun.
Of course we use Fed Ex.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fed Ex
View Quote

[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/thumb.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 12/7/2001 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Why no standarized training for UPS counter workers?

The FCKN! damm sign says only handguns have to go next day air.  Some morons at UPS somehow interprete that as meaning ALL GUNS?

Some Jacko wanted to write the FFL # on the box!  WTF?  I told that jerk, no you don't!

Then some jerk at the USPS said, I have to call ATF in order to send out a shotgun through the mail?  WTF?
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I ship by UPS all the time.  There's a Mailboxes Etc. type place near me that collects packages for UPS and they don't ask whats in the box or check how the contents are packed.  All they ask is how you want it shiped (ground, next day, etc.) and how much insurance.  As far as they're concerned, all other info is 'don't ask, don't tell'.  You might try some other places that ship for UPS.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 7:12:01 PM EDT
[#11]
FedEx it.
Or as mentioned above take it to Mail Boxes Etc. or The Packaging Solution or one of their competitors.Should be no problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top