Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2001 10:48:49 PM EDT
Here are some photos taken this week.  
(they are probably thugs just like the TaliWhackers, but at least they prevented our military from having to do major ground operations)

(I don't generally condone brutality, but it sure makes 'ya feel good seeing this after what we went through on 9-11!)

(sorry Achmed/Cav-Vet)

[img]rawa.fancymarketing.net/na-kills.jpg[/img]

Members of the The Northern Alliance Volunteer Fire Company do justice to a Taliban soldier lying in the dirt.
Nov 29, 2001. AP Photo

[img]rawa.fancymarketing.net/na-gold.jpg[/img]

Northern alliance fighters try to pull out a golden tooth from the body of a pro-Taliban fighter in a fortress near Mazar-e-Sharif.
Nov 28, 2001. AP Photo

[img]a740.g.akamai.net/f/740/606/1d/image.pathfinder.com/time/photoessays/mazar/8.jpg[/img]

Here we see the Northern Alliance PBA Local 81 seeking revenge for the NYPD members who were killed on 9-11.

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:52:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw another good one last week.

Some NA fighter was using a dead Taliban fighter as a rest for his bipod.  Boy, that really stinks!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmm.  When using a Taliban as a bipod stand, how do you make adjustments for elevation? [:D]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:00:16 PM EDT
[#3]
1. Abdul never did know when it was time to change his rag.

1-2 and 3.  Roll him over Achmed and I'll run this bottle rocket up his ass.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#4]
add one more on top remove him to go lower.
john
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:30:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hmm.  When using a Taliban as a bipod stand, how do you make adjustments for elevation? [:D]
View Quote

I dunno but the pic was pretty damm funny.  Think it was on MSNBC.  Maybe I'll try a search engine and see what I come up with.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 12:20:20 AM EDT
[#6]
AHH yes!  My brothers in arms are fighting to free me and my family!  I'll be joining my other brother in the states soon!  He lives in Seattle!
Would you like a straw with your slurpee? Thankyou very much!
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 12:24:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Those pictures are disturbing.

I'm not against killing when necessary, but I would hope that at least one of the things that seperates us from the terrorists and the Taliban is respect for human life or at least not glorifying when it has been taken.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 12:26:10 AM EDT
[#8]

The NA are not our friends..........
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 1:43:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 3:12:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You just McCant keep a good man McDown !!
[bounce]
View Quote

Negatory rubber duck!  (I saw that response in an american movie production!)

My brothers store is open 71 hours a week!  I will be hotdog chilicheese supervisor, and owner of 8 virgins!  Yippie! Praise Allah!  No more dirt farming!

Would you like a mustard packet with your hotdog? Thankyou please! Buy something or leave!
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 6:12:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Those pictures are disturbing.

I'm not against killing when necessary, but I would hope that at least one of the things that seperates us from the terrorists and the Taliban is respect for human life or at least not glorifying when it has been taken.
View Quote

Well said, Boomer.

The NA are our (temporary) allies, and they sure have been very useful to us.  But the Taliban in the picture was a wounded man lying in a ditch, and while he may have been a scumbag, I can't say I find the NA's actions very heroic.  Our soldiers would not have done this.  At the most, if he was too far gone, they might have dispatched him mercifully.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 6:35:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 7:15:54 AM EDT
[#13]
The Taliban NEVER fought the Soviets, the Mujahideen did! And most of the commanders of the Norther Alliance are the same commanders of the Mujahideen from the Soviet War days - Dostum, Haq, et al.

In 1989, the Soviet Union withdrew its armies and then collapsed into several nations. The U.S. stopped supporting the Mujahideen. In the late 1990s, the Taliban, a strict Islamic group, came to power.

The Taliban, which means 'students of Islam', organized in Pakistan in 1994. Their goal was to bring 'order' to Afghanistan. When they came to power, in about 1996, they demanded that the nation obey strict Islamic laws.

Eric The(SoWe'reStillSupportingTheOnesWeSupportedEarlier)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#15]
I think that the Taliban have been significantly misrepresented.  The rhetoric against them has been unbelievable while we have yet to hear word one about the NA.  The Taliban had the opportunity to kill the American missionaries as well as several foreign reporters but did not.  In fact, there is no evidence that these people were even used as human shields.  The Taliban may have a peculiar idea of law and order, but I don't know that I would compare them with Osama's crew.

I think that it is safe to say that we can all be thankful that we don't live in Afghanistan.  I don't think that we can say that either the Taliban or the people fighting them are any better than the other.

I wonder what will happen when the NA decides it doesn't need us anymore?  GW seems to think that the threat of withdrawing aid will force compliance.  However, we must remember that our aid will invariably benefit some more than others.  Continuation of this war is likely if the losers of the aid game take up arms.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top