Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2001 2:32:16 AM EDT
If you haven't seen this topic, get a load of this guy.  Appears to be quite an idiot.  I feel sorry for him.

[url]http://forums.military.com/1/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=78919038&f=69719858&m=1551959913[/url]

Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:18:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:00:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Back in the good old days,"Tattoo-PVT" would have had to report to the SDI for his "daily bruising".
The Hats would beat Said Named Recruit until his offending tattoo was no longer visible.
Back in the good old days.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:13:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Holy shit!!  I've [i]never[/i] served and even [i]I[/i] know that's asking for trouble.  (I wonder if I'd have know that at 18 years old...)

"Have them removed just to put them back on later?"  LOL!  No, it would be much easier to keep them & deal with the DI's.  IDIOT!
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:23:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I've seen this happen.
It's not pretty.

There's that special moment, when one DI calls to another, "Hey Drill Instructor! Come over here and take a look at this!"
...and then it begins.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:25:10 AM EDT
[#5]
He's doomed.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:39:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Reminds me of a guy I went to high school with who enlisted after attending 1 1/2 years of college.  When the DI's asked "Who has any college education?" he was dumb enough to step forward.......  thought he was going to get an award or something.  (Turned out to be "something" alright.....)
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:50:40 AM EDT
[#7]
First day of Forming, when we were "introduced to our SDI and DIs, the SDI steps out and says this:
[b]"Now I know some of you right now are thinking that maybe you made a mistake, that this isn't right for you.  So, right now, I'm going to give you a chance to call it quits.  To go home.
Anyone who steps forward, right now, gets to go home today. No questions asked...."[/b]

I'd only been on Parris Island for three days, but I remember thinking, "who could possibly be stupid enough to fall for this?"

Sure enough, about eight idiots stepped forward.
That's when the screaming began....

[b]"YOU'RE NEVER GOING HOME!!  YOU'RE NEVER GOING HOME!!!"[/b]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:58:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Who the fuck raised THAT kid ? This is a clear cut case where a retroactive abortion is not only suitable but highly recommended.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:17:46 AM EDT
[#9]
lol. Poor dumb bastard.  I wish I could be there to see what happens to him.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:18:26 AM EDT
[#10]
There was a kid named Riley in my platoon who had a Tazmanian Devil on his shoulder blade. Well, it just so happened that Drill Instructor Sergeant (Nick the New Hat) Rogers had a Taz on his calf, and decided that his would be the only Taz on deck. Riley had to wear a bandage over his tat for the entire time we were there. He had it replaced whenever it came loose or got too funky.

Riley was also the only guy out of our platoon who unq'ed the rifle range....twice.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:47:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:59:40 AM EDT
[#12]
so your saying if i'm joining the marines i shouldn't have any tattoes at all??

i don't i'm just asking. does this apply to all branches of the service or just marines?

OffRoad
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:04:55 AM EDT
[#13]
You rolls the dice and you takes your chances.

Anything you do to make yourself stand out from the herd will draw unpleasant attention from very angry and energetic men in funny hats.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:07:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Better him than me! DI's at the Island gave this one recruit a very hard time for a tattoo of the Zig-Zag man on his arm. This poor guy was always on the quarterdeck, he had two strikes against him. One, he was from NYC, and two, he had the tattoo!
View Quote

That sounds familiar....
When were you there?
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:36:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You rolls the dice and you takes your chances.

Anything you do to make yourself stand out from the herd will draw unpleasant attention from very angry and energetic men in funny hats.
View Quote

LOL.  I've heard they really love it when you show up to boot with your head already shaved.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:47:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
LOL.  I've heard they really love it when you show up to boot with your head already shaved.
View Quote

On the other hand, another guy in my platoon, Bill Spitz, showed up looking like Ozzy Frickin' Ozbourne. He had rock 'n roller hair down past his shoulders and a ripped up jean jacket with Slayer and Iron Maiden patches on it and a metalhead tee shirt on. From the minute we arrived in the Charleston, SC airport and those Corporals gathered us up and took us to that "holding cell," he knew he had miscalculated.

I went with a normal short haircut, clean new blue jeans, running shoes and a polo shirt. Be the man who isn't there.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:55:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:26:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Ah boot camp wish I could go back.The greatest challenge of a young mans life.This Kid is in deep trouble but if he tells them that he would rather die trying to be a Marine and that Marines are his hero's and that if he gives it his whole being he might make it just because sometimes guts is enough. I came from a bad area In NYC and had a tough time.My Sgt Major knew the area and knew I had it in me he told me sometimes guts is enough.I was a street kid with bad habits and had so many street fights that I was stabbed and beat up and left for dead.Boot camp seemed like romper room compared with all I had been through.That SGT MAJOR saved my life and I'm grateful.SEMPER FI  
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:49:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Be the man who isn't there.
View Quote

I tried to blend in to the paint on the bulkhead. I was in 3rd phase and our heavy hat was handing out the graduation photos, the ones in the fake dress blues. He looked me up and down and asked me "Who the f*ck are you?" "Sir Pvt.... sir!" "How long have you been here?" "Sir, since receiving sir!" "Get your ass on my f*cking quarter deck and just f*cking begin! We've got some catching up to do!" Moral of the story? They don't need a reason to get you, and everyone gets their share of the misery no matter what you do.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#20]
They will give you crap about shaving your head, but not like they will rip this guy a new fecal egress.

Had a friend go in with a cue ball hair cut, and he got a compliment and an a$$ chewing right away.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#21]
As long as everything goes as planned, I'll be joining in a couple months.  Any suggestions from you guys who are Marines?  I know that I should take pretty much nothing with me, contraband.  I know I need to look as "normal" as possible.  Are there any other things I need to pay attention to or try to/not to do?

Also, it is ok for me to have a watch right?  I don't want to have my G-shock taken as soon as I get there.  Anyone think the DI's will give me shit for having the same watch they do?  Judging from the videos, photos, and word of mouth ALOT of DI's and military personnel in general wear G-shocks.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#22]
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/035/rp/gJ/GU/jg70761.jpg[/img]

What a moron, nuff said!  My Senior DI ripped me a new one from day one for having one of those "bad boy" tattoos.  I would surely hate to be this guy. If he does make it, he will have DEFINATELY earned it.  Cypher, I don't know if things on the island have changed or not, but when I was there my G-Shock went into a grocery bag with all of my clothes as soon as I got there.  No watches allowed except for our Platoon Scribe.

Semper Fi,
Ken
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, it is the Marine Corps, so I doubt that has changed.  Oh well, I'll wear it anyway and see what happens.  Thanks Kiwi.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top