Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2001 8:46:20 PM EDT
on my flattop AR15 vmatch, will the front sight interfere with the field of view of the scope?

I also have a GG&G FIRE rail on my flattop so if I get 1" high rings and put them on the GG&G rail that would put the center of the scope about  1.5" above the original flattop rail.

If I measure out to the front sight, that means that at least 1/3 of the scope's bottom half will overlap with the front sight sticking up.

Does this make sense to anyone?  Anyone know if the front post will interfere too much for the scope to be used?

It would be (you guessed it - a 5X scope).

Link Posted: 1/23/2001 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#1]
At worst, all you'd get would be a VERY slight "shading" effect in the lower field of view. Not even enough to notice unless you looked for it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 1:58:01 AM EDT
[#2]
You will probably be cool, but the scope I assume you're talking about has the ranging lines below the crosshairs. It would be a bummer if the front sight post obscures those lines.

mattja
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 2:09:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top