[#1]
kikomax - good God, that was funny!!!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:38:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Warning: Graphic link!

http://www.infocirc.org/fourn.htm

My motto is, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
This poor child had a circumcision go very very wrong.
View Quote

It may only happen rarely, but this is a good reminder of the risk.

The surgery is routinely done at birth without any medical indicationz present, on a young man incapable of informed consent.  That's a hell of a thing to do to your child.

Mine went uncut until age 17, when in spite of regular reminders to clean daily and retract the foreskin, it became painful and some adhesion/scarring occurred.

Went to 2 urologists, the first one quite experienced, but we were not comfortable with him and they insisted on us signing an arbitration form that had been developed by the "Patient Protective Association", which we figured was in fact meant to protect the physician.  

That was borne out, of course, by internet research that afternoon showing the "Patient Protection" outfit to have lobbied the state legislature on behalf of doctors.  Unconfirmed suspicion was that the form may have been required by the MD's malpractice insurance company for reasons that may have included a prior unfortunate outcome or two.

After a quick "see ya" letter to Dr. A, we went to Dr. B, a young Asian fellow who we became quite at ease with.  The surgery went quite well (other than having to suffer a different, uninvolved, egomaniac MD bragging about his expensive vacation to the entire wing).  The anesthesia was uneventful, and the patient was back in school after only a couple of days out, plus the weekend.

I think this went as it should have.  Waited until there was a actual reason to do it (which may, for many, never arise).  No violation of a young man, either.

By the way, I've heard stories about hair becoming wrapped around the infant penis.  Anyone else heard of this and the consequences, or is it just folklore?
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#3]
This is what happens..........(as it went for my son on 01/07/94).....

24 hrs after birth our pediatrition came in and popped the question.  I said "hell ya" (cause I'm a redneck ya see).  The nurse scooped up my new little buddy and she and the pediatrition went out the door.  I followed them, but was stopped by the nurse befor entering the "operating room."  She said "We don't advise the parents viewing the circumcision." I said "This is my son, starting now I want to be with him through everything in life good or bad, so get out of my way befor I hit ya with this 40 of PBR!"  

They strapped him into a plastic tray molded like a baby and used velcro to secure his arms and legs.  The pediatrition unraveled what looked like some kind of medevil torture kit and clamped it on to his little wee wee.  That did not make him happy at all, if babys could wince he would have (I did).  Two minutes later it was all over, he had stopped crying.

I would do it again, its just my opinion.  Life is hard enough without being a "wonder worm, turtle neck, or whatever."

[edited to add humorous content]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 12:09:41 AM EDT
[#4]
You guys are something else!
FIRST OFF - If you've been circ'd since infancy, you don't know a DAMN thing about how hard it is to keep clean, or any other "problems" associated with not being circ'd.
SECONDLY - Circumcision is all about power and the medical establishments need to spew forth unfounded fears to assert that power.
I am circ'd, have been for 40 years and __ days. I'm not about to tell other folks they should cut their child away from a natural part of his body. If my wife had given birth to a boy we would have had some kinda terrible fight about that one! She's a pediatrician and believes the party line. I've even gotten to see her perform a circ once (now I always search under her pillow for the "tools" before consenting to sex!..."Show me your empty hands dear!") LOL
Seriously, she rattles off the whole shmear about why circ's are necessary, blah, blah, blah.
I am continuously amazed at how  ignorant people have become about their own bodies. Yeah! The bodies we were born with, that GOD gave us, etc. etc....
For some perverted reason, folks are still conducting themselves as if they live in Puritan times.
Now that I've ranted on this issue, ask me why I think everyone should spend more time barefoot!
Better yet...don't ask!
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 8:58:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There're certinaly some medical reasons for circumcsion, but does this mean if you're circumcised, you can screw around unprotected more because you're less likely to get AIDS? [:D]  Yippeee!

My son, if I have one, can always circumcise his penis later (or let a doctor do it) if he convert to jewish... [8D]

One other thing I heard is that Victorians believe circumcise their sons can prevent masturbation--discuss.

View Quote
 One other thing I heard is that Victorians believe circumcise their sons can prevent masturbation--discuss. Now I'm really confused. I thought it was ok to jerk it and the head kept you hand from slipping off! [:E]

Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Natural Smatural!!! Ya shave your "natural" hair growth don't ya?!  Ya wash that "natural" body smell off each day don't ya?! (well some of us anyway.)  Women prefer the china-man without the funky turtleneck sweater.  A "clean shaven" man shows her that you're civilized.

MG
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Hehe, yeah, uncircumcised savages... [:D]

I heard the reference in the Bible about "uncircumcised Philistine", so I guess this sentiment is not new.  Muslim also circumcise their men(look how civilized they are).  Female circumcision is labled genital mutilation; it's practiced in Africa and it's considered barbaric... [url]http://www.nocirc.org/articles/similar.html[/url]

I think many fears about a peiece of foreskin will be a hygenic nightmare from circumcised men are unfounded.  It's not that bad, really.  Foreskin protects the glans penis like eyelids to the eyes.

Oh, yeah, and hairs grow back, foreskin don't. [;)]  If and when I have a family, I'll tell the doctor I want my son's penis to look just like Elvis'  [;D]

here's some interesting statistic I found on the web:

Northeast 32% intact
Midwest 18% intact
South 35% intact
West 62% intact

source: National Center for Health Statistics, US Department of Health and Human Services, 1997
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am circ'd, have been for 40 years and __ days.
I've even gotten to see her perform a circ once (now I always search under her pillow for the "tools" before consenting to sex!..."Show me your empty hands dear!") LOL
View Quote

Ummm, there's a contradiction here.  I may be thick headed, but if you are already cut, why would you worry about her having the tool under her pillow?  What's left to cut?  Or is her name Lorana Bobbit? [:o]  Just havin' fun!
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#9]
My sisters son was born without eye lids. They used his foreskin to make him eyelids. Another medical miracle He is now 5 and doing great. The only problem being, he is a little cock eyed......ha
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm circumsized but I wouldn't have it done to my kid.  Uncut dicks look awful, but who cares if it confers more pleasure?  I don't care what his girlfriend would think about it.  

I used to feel somewhat jealous that uncut guys had better sex, until I heard them complain they couldn't feel a thing when they used a condom (just like me!)  No one is going to turn you down just because you are uncircumsized, I think.  So, no.  Flash hiders all around for my sons.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#11]
but seriously, I vote to take a little off the top
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#12]
LOL...

I love that A2 flash hider joke.  So is your penis preban or postban? [:D]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#13]
4R(umple)77 you unshaven, reaken' beast!!! heeheehee!!!  Maybe you can bleach that blanket and go for a modern look.  "Hey baby, pull back my platinum cover and say hello to the pig in my blanket."

MG

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top