Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2001 3:53:17 PM EDT
[URL]http://www.petitiononline.com/DEAP/petition.html[/URL]

To:  Florida House of Representitives, president of Florida Senate and Florida Gov, Jeb Bush
This is a Petetion to the Florida House of Representitives, the president of the Florida Senate and Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, asking them to "Protect the privacy and respect the Earnhardt Family, by dening the release of Dale Earnhardt's autopsy Photo's. The photo's should be turned over to Thereasa Earnhardt and never seen or considered to be placed in the hands of any other.

Sincerely,

Link Posted: 3/7/2001 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not even sure why this is an issue.  As far as I know there are no legal precidents for releasing them.  And isn't here some issue of privacy.  Somebody who knows for about this than me:  how does the Freedom of Information Act come into play here?
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#2]
it is a private matter and should not be a issue. why does anyone need to see them anyway?
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 5:28:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Why should the Ernhardt family have the right to privacy above others in the state of Florida? I don't look at pictures like that and have no desire to see the remains of Dale Ernhardt, but if the law prohibits showing his autopsy photos then it should be for all citizens in that state. Equal rights reguardless of economic or social status.( or NASCAR points standing)
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#4]
guess that`s why people go to court everyday!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By black&green:
it is a private matter and should not be a issue. why does anyone need to see them anyway?
View Quote
                                                                                Supposedly a newspaper down here in Orlando wants the pics released so an independent doctor can look at them to help determine cause of death.I guess they don't believe NASCAR's version.Down here in Fla. all autopsies are available to the public.I think the logic is if someone you know is killed but you don't believe the official findings,you don't have to go through a long court process to get your hands on the pics for a second opinion.    
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 10:32:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm not even sure why this is an issue.  As far as I know there are no legal precidents for releasing them.  And isn't here some issue of privacy.  Somebody who knows for about this than me:  how does the Freedom of Information Act come into play here?
View Quote

Legally patient information cannot be released. This is one of the basic rights of a patient, it falls into the catagory of patient confidentiallity. Breeching patient confidence is not looked upon lightly and carries a fine of several thousand dollars plus punitive damages.

This is truly a non-issue.

Jake
(former NREMT-P)
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 10:34:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Down here in Fla. all autopsies are available to the public.I think the logic is if someone you know is killed but you don't believe the official findings,you don't have to go through a long court process to get your hands on the pics for a second opinion.    
View Quote

Are you sure the proper wording is "public" or possibly family?

Jake
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 1:07:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey guys just out of curiosity what does this topic have to do with AR-15's? [sniper]
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 4:56:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Eventually not only will the photo's get out, but so will the onboard video of the last seconds of his life as he crashes!

I have no desire to see these, but eventually they'll get out because someone can make money off of them... they'll probably be sold to the Enquirer or Rotten.com.

I think NASCAR doesnt want to release them to give the family time to mourn, if they get out a couple years from now, I'm sure it will still upset them, but at least they'd have had time to mourn...

M.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 5:04:11 AM EDT
[#10]
The newspaper would probably sell them to a foreign newspaper for the Big Bucks...

Link Posted: 3/8/2001 5:06:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hey guys just out of curiosity what does this topic have to do with AR-15's? [sniper]
View Quote

He may have been stot with an AR, then crashed. You know why? Cause he had something to do with the Kennedy assassination. He also knew that Elvis killed Jim Morrison. He was a liability.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 6:45:41 AM EDT
[#12]

If it was just family  there would be no dispute.But since the law says public this newspaper feels it has the right to these pics and thats the argument going on now.As far as privacy,I'm not a lawyer,but do dead people have privacy? My guess would be that once your body ends up on a gov't coronors slab, any info gained will be available to the public.                          

Link Posted: 3/8/2001 6:51:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Hangfire 77- This board is for general discussion, anything goes (within reason).There are threads about female anatomy,Nazi's,etc. This thread is clearly marked.If you aren't interested don't read it.                        

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top