Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
4/25/2017 7:42:44 PM
Posted: 3/7/2001 3:14:37 PM EDT
Hey guys! I just acquired an AR-15 which is a pre-ban Essential Arms (DPMS). The lower was apparently ground down so that someone who probably had a drop in auto sear could get the selector to turn to full auto. It does not have a hole drilled which I know would be a no-no, but is the fact that it was ground down to bare metal in 4 spots 90 degrees apart around the safety pose any problem? Also, the barrel is 14" with a 5" CAR type supressor on it which LOOKS like you may be able to unscrew it. (DPMS said it is probably pinned) Am I ok with a non-pinned supressor if indeed it is not pinned? Any advice would be appreciated as I want to stay within the realm of the law.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 4:30:09 PM EDT
Milling the selector stops off is fine. That in itself is not part of an FA conversion. If it is not pinned, then you have a theoretical problem. This problem will stay theoretical until the IF & WHEN happens and someone needs a federal stick to beat you with. (sub 16" barrel is a federal offense unless you have an SBR or legal FA)
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 5:04:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 9:49:27 PM EDT
Have a competent gunsmith examine the barrel- they should be able to tell if it's pinned. If not, have them pin it- it's a simple procedure.
Top Top