Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2001 2:47:26 PM EDT
I'm in charlotte, mi.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, theres a few of us hangin' around.  What are ya lookin' for?  Highpower? DCM matches?
[beer]
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in the Ann Arbor area. Not alot of shooters here that i can tell.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in the Novi area I shoot at Multi Lakes in Commerce.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 4:17:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I am in the country between Brighton and Fenton.  A guy at work is range officer at MultiLakes and has been promising to open the place up for private shooting.

Any of you ever deal with Mikie G in Adrian?
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm south of Detroit but just shot a match at the Capitol City range by Lansing and have been going to Grand Rapids to shoot every weekend at practice matches at the Kent county rifle club, this coming weekend there is also a pin shoot on that side of the state.  The Monroe Rifle and Pistol club has a practice match this Sunday.  The Washtenaw sportsmans club is having a practice match coming up shortly.  Then in April and May some real matches are going to be taking place.

For more information check out the calendar at http://www.mcrgo.org
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in the UP, better known this time of year as the great white north.

Fred
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll be shooting a couple matches around the area with my couches at Cheif Oakmus Sportsman's Club.--I'm a junior :--)
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 5:49:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Isn't it Chief Okemos Sportsmans Club?

I was born and bred in Okemos Michigan and am a proud Chieftain.

If it wasn't for work and my girlfriend I'd come home and shoot a few rounds with ya.

Michigander in Maryland
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 6:09:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey emich.edu, how's life in Ypsi?  I'm a little left of you here in the Benevolent People's Social and Liberal Paradise of Ann Arbor, where you will find "I love the poor" stickers on Lincoln Navigators on their way to Zingerman's to buy an $11.00 Reuben sandwich before they hop on over to the City Council to pass some more zoning codes to keep their property values high and to keep the poor people, those making less than about $60,000 in these parts, out of Ann Arbor.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 9:40:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm in a lil burb in SE Oakland county....not into competitive shooting yet but hope to be soon.

Horseshoe, that friggin hillarious...
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 10:19:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Alright Eastern Michigan University!  I graduated out of there in '92!

Haven't given them bastards a penny since we were changed from the Hurons to the Eagles.

Lived in Phelps and Buell halls then moved to N. Normal St.

Is Theo's still around?

Anyways, why don't you go to the Washtenaw Gun Club.  I can't remember exactly where it's at but ask the guy who teaches the Skeet and Trap shooting class. (Took that as a PE requirement class. Gotta love Michigan).

Michigander in Maryland
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#12]
I just joined the Detroit Sportsman's Congress and they have High powered rifle leagues.  It is in shelby township  Dequindre and Hamlin Road.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 2:35:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Hastings.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Royal Oak area Myself, There sure isn't alot of Us around here!!

Still looking for a good range nearby, Pontiac Lake Rec. area isn't it!

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Kalamazoo.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 7:07:53 PM EDT
[#16]
JACKSON
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 1:20:00 PM EDT
[#17]
grand rapids here,
i usualy run up to the kalamazoo rod and gun club to get my ass handed to me in their cmp/ service rifle matches
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 10:57:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Im from St. Clair Shores. I shoot at the Bluewater Sportsman Assoc. in Marysville its about a 45 minute drive for me but it well worth it. I went to the Sportsman Congress and I found the range officer one Saturday afternoon to be a cocky SOB. I never went back and never would consider buying a membership there.

Six
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 12:23:30 AM EDT
[#19]
My wife and I shoot Cadillac and Kalamazoo quite a bit...I usually RO one relay at the Kalamazoo matches, so there are a few of you here that know me.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#20]
We have some guys up here in Emmet County that love to shoot.  We do not have any experience in organized shooting matches though.  We do have a range with 25, 50, 100, 200 and 400 yard target stands.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Live in Lansing, myself.  Just joined the Capital Area Sportsmans Club a couple of month ago.  We should try to get together for a shoot sometime.  There are a bunch of guys getting together on Saturday in Lapear County some where.  There is a map in the meetings and events forum.  I can't get the day off.  Boo--hoo.  If you can go, give us poor working stiffs a range report!
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 2:57:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Celt

We have undoubtedly met.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 3:52:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Cool...if you make it to Kazoo the 24th June, Capitol City the 8th July or Cadillac the 21st July, look us up!
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 5:01:05 AM EDT
[#24]
I was living in Ann Arbor until 6 months ago, getting my degree at the temple of all things liberal.
Being a shooter there stunk. There is nowhere other than a state range, single fire only, which was open odd hours and a ways away. I called some of the local clubs, but they had introduction by a member rules.
Plus, I was in U housing, and they had an illegal anti-gun law and clause in the lease, and they would check for guns. I kept my locker near my train table, with a Lionel sticker on it. It wasn't enough for them to get a warrant, but it didn't fool them. When I was moving out I bought a bigger locker at my new place, and moved my guns. I left the key in the old locker, but it was double locked. I came home to find it standing open.
Now I am in Saginaw. What joy!
I am in the Field and Stream club. Weekly pistol fun nights, shooting my M1s when I want, and I have a Fulton AR on order.
Anyone around here on the Board?

[email protected]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 5:18:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Kalamazoo.

Horseshoe: LMAO!  Those must be the $11 tofu-reubens so much in demand in Ann Arbor.  Heaven forbid, a reuben in Ann Arbor...stuffed with [b]BEEF[/b]...
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 5:32:25 AM EDT
[#26]
I live in Roseville. I shoot at the Livingston Co. Sportsman's Ass. Not too many black rifles, but some CMP stuff going on.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:22:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Rifleman,

Chief Okemos would be a good club fo you to belong for practice, located in Dimondale, CMP affiliated, and has a 200 yard range.

A few matches are conducted throught the summer at the Capitol City Rifle Club in Williamston.  They are reduced course (200 yard), but they have target pits.

Also, visit the Web site of the State Association if you have not done so already at  

www.michrpa.com
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#28]
I live In Royal Joke....I mean Royal Oak...I am not a competitor yet, but plan on starting sometime soon.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:23:25 PM EDT
[#29]
I talked with some of our club members and we were thinking about putting on some kind of shoot.  If we did would you guys be interested in coming up north to the Harbor Springs area?  Give me some feed back.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 2:26:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Our schedule is pretty full, but we get to Petoskey a bit, if you put on a registered match and it doesn't fall on the same day as one down here, we'd be interested.  ('Long as I can shoot match rilfe...can't see a front post anymore.)

Celt & Celtwife
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 5:17:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Celt

I currently reside over here west of Mears but am in the transition of moving to Traverse City, probably Glen Lake area.  The move is going to take place in the next couple of months, certainly before school starts.  When I get up there I'll join Cadillac Sportsmans Club.  They usually have a pretty strong high power group there.  Because of this move things are kinda iffy regarding any matches.  I'm just trying to focus on Perry for the time being, and might have to buy match ammo for that.  I'm commuting from Mears to TC every day, 2hrs. each way.  [xx(]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 5:53:00 AM EDT
[#32]
My favorite thing to do is go into the Borders in Ann Arbor and buy a shotgun news and some other shooting rag. The soccer moms come out of the woodwork and give you a lecture. Of course they have $10 Zingermans pickles on their breath. Or a tofu falafel or something like that. Or go into harry's army surplus and look for actual surplus not $100 Land Rover beach sandals. I think the MCRGO should open up a little office in A2 and really stir things up.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
have been going to Grand Rapids to shoot every weekend at practice matches at the Kent county rifle club

Is that the same thing as the South Kent Sportsman's Club in Dorr?  I have been looking around for a club and that seems to be one of the best as far as cost and the facilities.  

Thanks,

Jeff
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
have been going to Grand Rapids to shoot every weekend at practice matches at the Kent county rifle club

Is that the same thing as the South Kent Sportsman's Club in Dorr?  I have been looking around for a club and that seems to be one of the best as far as cost and the facilities.  

Thanks,

Jeff
View Quote

I don't think so.  This place is called the Kent County Conservation Club.  They are setup for 50, 100, 200, and 300 yards but don't have any pits.  They also have skeet shooting.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm in Brighton. I shoot at Livingston Gun Club, but I haven't done any competition yet.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Reside in the community of Hamilton, found just south of Holland.
Not a competitor any more, the Wife and I were very active in IPSC & pin shooting for several years.
Jeff, our home club at that time was Southkent, a very fine club. Has rifle to 500 meters. Handgun to 200. Also trap, skeet, I believe 5 stand these days. And also the IPSC. I have not been there for several years. At that time it was a great bunch over there.
Good Luck,
Tuco
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 2:07:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Pinckney resident, shoot at Howel Gun Club. Work in A2,Liberal Mecca of the mid west. You're right on target Horseshoe...
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm about 15 miles outside of Ann Arbor.  Livingston holds 3 gun matches about once a month,  Linden has an IDPA match once a month and open practice on every Wednesday evening.  Western Wayne County Conservation has a few high power matches throughout the summer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top