Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2001 1:28:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 4:30:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Say it aint so! I think Kazaa was the best swapping resource of all of them. Should just move to another country and setup shop. I'm using them right now. Hope it wont go the way of napster.
BrenLover
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 6:05:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's an idea...How about buying your music and software instead of stealing it?  I know if a total stranger came in your house and ate your food and shot your gun you would be pissed.  People pay their bills and take care of their families creating and selling the same media you steal.
Yeah it sucks to pay for it.  Try it once in a while...If more people did buy, there might be less heat on all your peer to peer pirate sites...

Flame away
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 6:07:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 12/1/2001 6:09:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here's an idea...How about buying your music and software instead of stealing it?  I know if a total stranger came in your house and ate your food and shot your gun you would be pissed.  People pay their bills and take care of their families creating and selling the same media you steal.
Yeah it sucks to pay for it.  Try it once in a while...If more people did buy, there might be less heat on all your peer to peer pirate sites...

Flame away
View Quote

Some of us like to try before we buy. Kinda like test driving a car.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 6:55:37 AM EDT
[#5]
From what I can understand is that Kazaa, Morpheus, Grockster, are all set up to where they cannot be shhut down.  I read this on some tech website.  It said even if they were ordered to shut down, they could not disable to program b/c it doesn't work from a central server like Napster.  

Anyway, if they did shut down, just use WinMX ... just as good if not better than the others.  

Oh and for the guy that goes out and "buys" his music, YOU are the reason we have a problem today with peer to peer.  If the rest of America would refuse to pay $18/cd, and REALIZE it is Highway robbery, then we would be alot better off.  The record industry has price gouged me on cd's for the last time.  I haven't bought a cd in the past 3 years.  And do I feel guilty about it ... HELL NO!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 7:37:02 AM EDT
[#6]
AR50Troll, I'm not gonna flame you cause it's not really worth the effort, in fact I have found music with this service that I have bought that I would not have otherwise because I could hear it first and decided I like it. I am not am MP3 freak and actually prefer CDs.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 7:54:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
in fact I have found music with this service that I have bought that I would not have otherwise because I could hear it first and decided I like it
View Quote

Ditto.  I have found "lesser known" music through file-swapping, liked it, and ordered CDs.  Actually, I've probably bought more CDs after I got Napster than before I got it.

[IMG]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/contrib/sally/aliengry.gif[/IMG]

Link Posted: 12/1/2001 7:59:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I found a cool Chic group called "Bond" They play some kick ass Classical music. Bought their CD, check them out. Good looking girls!
BrenLover
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 8:27:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Using Kazaa right now. No problems!
Scratch
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 8:38:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I need something for the Mac. Limewire sucks! It will connect when I install it but then it disconnects and I can never get connected again (even after restarting).
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Flame away
View Quote

well cd sales where at a all time high when napster was in fullswing.

besides most of the music i dl i cant buy!
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 9:42:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Still got Lime wire, and Morpheus is just like Kazaa...  There are many other programs still out thier.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Being a lazy ass, I used Napster to preview songs and if I liked them, I ordered the CD from CDNOW. It's better than going into Tower and trying to find what I want on the headphones. AFAICT, I'm supporting the system, not taking a free ride. So there!
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I have been using Morpheus to find the "out-of-print" stuff that I used to have before I got ripped off about ten years ago.  No way it can be replaced by buying it - it ain't nowhere...

Also, morpheus allows me to find video series that have gone off the air or are otherwise damn near impossible to find...

BTW - It's not just the music "publishers" that are overcharging for CD's - markup from cost for the shop is in the neighbourhood of 100-125%.  I spent 8 years working in a record store - that's how I know...

FFZ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top