Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2001 4:00:38 PM EDT
I was driving home from work today and saw about 8 or 10 high school boys standing in formation with rifles in the high school parking lot about 40 feet off one of the main streets in town.  Don't know what they were practicing.  They were all in their regular clothes with rifles on shoulders.  The rifles looked real.  Not sure if they were.  What was also nice is a cop drove right by.

Just made me happy to see not everywhere is anti-gun crazy.  Yet.

Link Posted: 11/30/2001 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 4:11:50 PM EDT
[#2]
That's what I was thinking too, but then I wasn't sure because of the street clothes...

It warmed the heart... [:)]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#3]
May be a hunter safety class.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe it was a protest over the lunchroom food!!
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's what I was thinking too, but then I wasn't sure because of the street clothes...

It warmed the heart... [:)]
View Quote

At my high school, we only dressed out once a week.  So, the other 4 days we did our various team practices in street clothes.  I was on the rifle team myself.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 8:47:54 PM EDT
[#6]
That sounds like some JROTC kids.  Back in my day we used old Springfield 1903A3's for drill.  Ahh memories...
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 11:25:29 AM EDT
[#7]
USPC40,

ArmyJROTC rifle team here also. It was the funnest 4 years i ever had in School. Nothing better than getting to spend an hour everyday at school shooting my Mossberg match rifle.

556mm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top