Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2001 6:49:02 PM EDT
... Check out this San Carlos 10 X 11 Bull.  
This bull was taken on the San Carlos Indian Reservation in Arizona.
It's "green" (unofficial) score was [b]505[/b]. If the score holds up, it will most likely be declared a new World record.  
There is, however, some controversy surrounding the elk.. B&C are supposedly investigating the legality of the kill before considering its entry into the record book.
They think (?) it might have been called in electronically. No additional information on that allegation is known at this time (except by those involved in the controversy).

Regardless of B&C findings, big is big and antlers are antlers.

[img]http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL16/408600/423895/5451152.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, thats one big rack. Glad it came from AZ, we don't get much hunting credit 'round here.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#2]
... yeah [b]kevhogAZ[/b], AZ has the largest Elk in the world!

... I'm sure this is the largest rack I've ever seen if it's not been "Photoshopped"
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:56:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow!
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#5]
... Latest word is that it looks like it will make the books!
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#6]
San Carlos Res. is some seriously expensive elk hunting!  The current World Record came from there as well.  The trophy fee on that one there will probably be in excess of 50K.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
San Carlos Res. is some seriously expensive elk hunting!  The current World Record came from there as well.  The trophy fee on that one there will probably be in excess of 50K.
View Quote

Close [b]CIB[/b], about 27K for resident trophy. I've hunted cows twice on the Rez and it is just God beautiful up there.
The Indians have always been friendly to us on our cow hunts but they're very protective of the "sweet spots". They keep those secrets to themselves. This elk was taken by a guide that lives on the Rez.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Winston I thought I read somewhere that the guy who killed the current world record there paid 43K and some change for the trophy fee?  Don't know if he was a resident or not though.  Year before last my Dad and Uncle drove out there to bird hunt, said there were lots of birds but they would'nt hold on point, just run through the underbrush.  They too said the locals were protective of the "sweet spots", guess I would be to if they were bringing in that kind of cash.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 4:06:52 PM EDT
[#10]
he wandered over from texas.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 4:41:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why was it beheaded?  Wouldn't it be better as a bust mount?
View Quote

I'm reasonably sure the taxidermist would do the same thing for a cape mount.  The part you don't see in the picture is the hide, and that would be one of the primary determining factors for a cape mount.  Of course I'm not a taxidermist, so I might be talk'n out my a$$.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn nice Elk.

The skull cap (very top that holds the antlers) will be the olny thing used to make the mount.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#13]
That is awesome. I just got my first elk during archery season.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top