Posted: 11/29/2001 3:56:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#3]
What did you hear him say?
I watched him speak to some lawyers association this afternoon and he just repeated the longstanding Republican (and NRA) line of "enforce the laws we already have".    
I was only hearing bits and pieces because I was busy doing something else at the time, but what I did hear sounded like business as usual.
I must have missed something.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the reason he sounded so forceful was because of his audience. He was speaking to a room full of new U.S. attorneys/federal prosecutors. It was kind of a rah-rah,let's go get 'em speech.
The "them" I heard him refer to were the punks/gangbangers terrorizing inner city neighborhoods. Instead of letting them plea down, send the MFers away for awhile. I know they're only "children" according to HCI (or whatever they call themselves nowadays) but their mommas can still visit their babies in prison.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Kids... the S is about to HTF in a manner you have only imagined.

Anyone give any thought to Enron going down and the energy connection of King George W?

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#7]
The ticker at Foxnews has some kind of quote where  POTUS says something along the lines of "carry an illegal gun and  there is one consequence: ..."  I keep catching the tail end of it so I can't be sure.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:47:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I for one hope that the thousands of unconstitutional antigun laws aren't enforced. If I had my druthers, those antigun laws would be repealed.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I for one hope that the thousands of unconstitutional antigun laws aren't enforced. If I had my druthers, those antigun laws would be repealed.
View Quote

The Attorney General has stated the Bush Justice Dept. is pro RKBA. Ashcroft has put it out for all to see and he has taken alot of crap from the media for it.
They want to lock up 16 y/o punks using guns during the commission of a crime. The same f***s the antis throw in our faces as "innocent" victims of hangun violence.
You consider this unconstitutional? We the people have a Constitutional right to use guns during a crime?
Folks, he was talking about the [b]criminal[/b] use of guns. There was nothing said that hasn't been said a hundred times before.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#11]
The ticker I saw on Fox said, if you use a gun, or have it on your person illegaly, your doin' time. No if's ands, or buts, your going to jail. Kinda scary, isn't it?
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:09:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think the reason he sounded so forceful was because of his audience. He was speaking to a room full of new U.S. attorneys/federal prosecutors. It was kind of a rah-rah,let's go get 'em speech.
The "them" I heard him refer to were the punks/gangbangers terrorizing inner city neighborhoods. Instead of letting them plea down, send the MFers away for awhile. I know they're only "children" according to HCI (or whatever they call themselves nowadays) but their mommas can still visit their babies in prison.
View Quote

Don't you remember one of the first things that klinton did after taking office was to fire ALL of the Federal prosecutors and replace them with his boys? Guess what? Bush never replaced them. It is just about guaranteed they will not be going after real criminals, but "right-wing domestic terrorists" with impunity, especially now they have a wink and a nod from the current administration.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Imbroglio:

That's not true.  I know of an attorney who his name in for US Attorney in our district.  They're in the process of interviewing in DC, I think.

9.11.01 slowed things down a bit, but based on the information I'm receiving (which is from one of the progressing candidates) is that Bush is moving things forward ASAP right now because he wants all US Attorneys to meet with Ashcroft in the beginning of the year.

Bush has only been in office for a short time was giving his grunts until this summer to round up all the good US Attorney candidates in each district.  This stuff doesn't happen overnight.  There will be some "Acting US Attorneys" filling in the gaps.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Read my post above, this was a speech to [b]new[/b] US Attorneys.
The reason I even listened to the speech was because he mentioned guns and got my attention. Like the rest of you my first thought was uh oh here we go. But as I said there was nothing new said.
He said nothing about new gun laws. He said we must enforce existing gun laws. Sound familiar? It's what the NRA told the Bush administration they should do.
I don't know, I just think it's a sound bite out of a speech that was aimed at the use of handguns in violent crime.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#15]
They should just make concealed carry legal nationwide. End of freakin' story.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Imbroglio:

That's not true.  I know of an attorney who his name in for US Attorney in our district.  They're in the process of interviewing in DC, I think.

9.11.01 slowed things down a bit, but based on the information I'm receiving (which is from one of the progressing candidates) is that Bush is moving things forward ASAP right now because he wants all US Attorneys to meet with Ashcroft in the beginning of the year.

Bush has only been in office for a short time was giving his grunts until this summer to round up all the good US Attorney candidates in each district.  This stuff doesn't happen overnight.  There will be some "Acting US Attorneys" filling in the gaps.
View Quote

Please...don't confuse the issue with facts.  The knee-jerk anti-Bush people were just getting up a head of steam for a good rant...
[;)]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:37:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They should just make concealed carry legal nationwide. End of freakin' story.
View Quote

I Agree with you T!

And I don't wanna hear no Jibba-Jabba! [b] FOOL [/b]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 2:43:35 AM EDT
[#18]
I haven't read every antigun law on the books, Hoople, but they are nearly all unconstitutional IMHO. I feel you should be able to own anything a field soldier can tote and you can afford. Call me crazy but I feel "infringed" upon every day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top