Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2001 12:18:56 PM EDT
They struck again.  

If anyone remembers, I posted about a year ago that someone broke in and stole my speakers, broke the center console and broke the glovebox.  

Coming home from work, to the park and ride, I see that my jeep's rear window is ½ open.  I close the window and look around to see what has been disturbed.  Everything actually looks ok.  I have some air hoses under the rear seat and they are still there.  My soundbar speakers are still there.  Radio still there (I have the removable faceplate in my briefcase.)  Flashlight still along the drivers side.  Saftey triangles still in their orange box.

Open up the glovebox.   Everything still there (just junk.)  Open up the center console and I can see they went through it.  2 pairs of old oakleys still there.  Toilet paper still there and unused. [:D]  Arrrg, where are my CD's.  I had a REO cd there (GONE) and a Shania (GONE)  

I can easily reburn those (am doing so right now)  so I really didn't lose anything that I can think of.  

Just sucks that some bastard scrounged around in [b]MY JEEP[/b]

Wish I was carrying my Sig 220 and caught the bastard rifling through the jeep.  Or better yet, wish I were a few hundred yards away with an AR50.... boom.  [:D]

Ok, I feel better now.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude, that sucks.  I f'n hate people who steal stuff.  I once had a car stolen...it was bull.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:26:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I think they did you a favor by stealing that Shania CD.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#3]
No, no, no, 7.  You can't do that, you got to call 911 and let the cops handle it...

Sorry to hear about it though. [V]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#4]
REO and Shania huh?  Sounds like someone didn't like your taste in music.  Been bumping your system around someone's house lately?
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Had this happen to me about a year and a half ago, they broke out a 400 dollar window(extended cab ranger "pop out" window) so that they could grab maybe 150 dollars worth of compact discs.   And what in god's name are the chances of this person sharing the same music interests as me?   I had a wide variety of music in there so I figure maybe this idiot lucked out and managed to steal 5-10 CDs worth of music that they will actually like, the rest is just junk that they will either give away or try to sell for some unbelievable amount of money that is so insignificant it's a joke.

The thing that pissed me off the most?   They stole my damned hearing protection, a pair of 29db rated ear muffs that were on my stick shift.   The wierdest thing they stole?   3-4 45ACP casings that were in the cup holder from the last time I went shooting, they left everything else though.

I was real pissed to have to go out at 6:30 in the morning to pick up broken glass off the ground, I was even more pissed that they couldn't have chosen to steal from my car only 2 days earlier when I left the thing completely unlocked with the windows rolled down.   I got home at 2AM that morning so they struck sometime shortly there after I know it, I figure between the hours of 2-4AM as 5-6AM my parents are getting up and starting their day.

I wouldn't mind taking people like these 100 miles out into the desert and leaving them stranded for a couple days.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think they did you a favor by stealing that Shania CD.
View Quote

Ha ha... I agree, but it still sucks (stealing, that is).  I've had stereos taken, money, etc. and I know how it feels.  You wish you could be there to kick a$$.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 1:21:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing I hate more than a thief !  I wished we could exterminate em !

I don't get the sarcastic reply about calling the cops though. I can promise you, most cops I know, (including myself) wish you could, "take care of them", on your own.  [kill]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 1:23:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Somebody got into my wife's Explorer in the driveway the other night. Stole the removable carry bag that is in the console with about 15 CD's in it.
We thought that was all until my wife starts to work and goes to get her jewelry out of the pouch to put it on.
Then she realizes that all her jewelry is gone: 1=necklace
2=rings
2=sets of earrings
2=bracelets
It was all semi-cheap costume stuff but it still had sentimental value. Some of it was her grandmothers.
Thievin' punks![V]

BigDozer66     [shotgun]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Park n Ride stops are likely targets as they know owner is way off.  Predictable patters and such.  Find better parking or drive to work......  Damn thieves!
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Park n Ride stops are likely targets as they know owner is way off.  Predictable patters and such.  Find better parking or drive to work......  Damn thieves!
View Quote

Lately I've been getting carpool rides to work.  Haven't driven my jeep in weeks.  Today I needed to drive it and bam.   I'd like to wrap them up in my winch wire and drive over them with my 33 swampers. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Arrrg, where are my CD's.  I had a REO cd there (GONE) and a Shania (GONE)  

I can easily reburn those (am doing so right now)  so I really didn't lose anything that I can think of.  

Just sucks that some bastard scrounged around in [b]MY JEEP[/b]

Wish I was carrying my Sig 220 and caught the bastard rifling through the jeep.  Or better yet, wish I were a few hundred yards away with an AR50.... boom.  [:D]

Ok, I feel better now.
View Quote

How are you burning the CD’s if they were stolen?
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:35:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I made backups from the originals.  After they were in my jeep for awhile they were getting scratched up big time.  Copied them to CDR's.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Man I hate the worthless scumbags that break into your car and steal stuff.

One thing you can do is tape razor blades to the back of your stereos. You may not catch them but you sure will get a piece of them.

Oh wait. Don’t do that. In this day and age you will probably get sued by the thief!
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey, 7, I think Ill have to help you hook a stun gun to your console.  [:D]  That should give them a nice little surprise next time.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Time to get a hard top and one of those 50,000 volt steering wheel locks. When the thief grabs or brushes up against the "club", you'll find his limp twitching body lying next to your jeep.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:55:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wish I were a few hundred yards away with an AR50.... boom.  [:D]

View Quote

Did someone say AR50?!?

[50]

AR50.com....Coming soon
[50]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 4:07:56 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't get the sarcastic reply about calling the cops though. I can promise you, most cops I know, (including myself) wish you could, "take care of them", on your own. [kill]
View Quote

It's a sarcastic reply alright....But Lacop, LOL! you condone murder?....Yeah right, let us take care of the thief our own way.....and you come to take care of us right?...LOL!
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Oh come on Ar Rifle. You know what I mean, I hope. I think its BS just like you ! It gets old having to pussy foot around with freaking punk thieves. We (Leos), have no more right to use force on em than anybody else. You know that.  It amazes me that we, as citizens and the majority, allow a few (criminals) to do what they will, and we have to put up with it. Oh well, it ain't a perfect world, but we could live in it with a few less scumbags !!   [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:26:59 AM EDT
[#21]
If its a Cherokee or a Wrangler get a tuffy security products console --they are pricey but I have one in my Wrangler now and would be hard pressed to get into it if the key got lost.The cheesy steel horse or stcok consles suck big time! The Tuffys are all cold rolled heavy gauge steel.Good also if you keep a gun in the car or on your person and might have to go into a courthouse or bank where you cannot carry it provides a secure place to leave a HG in your car. Also check with whomever runs the park-n-ride sometimes there are video cameras that are not ovbious.
All this just goes to show how stupid criminals are they wont work an 8 hour day but they will recce potential victims cars/houses get up at 2am come to your house sneak around destroy car windows and locks to steal something they might hock for 15-20 dollars all told maybe 5-6 hours of work (driving or walking around looking for targets waiting for lights to go out or victims/potential witnesses to leave the actual break in and removal of whatever and then leaving the scene going back to"hide out" to remove bits of dashboard identifying marks or serial numbers etc etc) for not much money. The insurance co's and repair shops make the money from these types of crimes. The myth of the "master criminal" is a tv/movie phenom and does not really exist. As for gangs of criminals driving around at night doing smash and grabs as most people find out they never really get much they just create alot of grief for thier victims for all of the "work" they do. Even the actual car thiefs only get a few hundred dollars for a car or its parts if they strip it.
Most of these guys are morons or they would get real jobs The one that broke into my Jeep cut the front window with a screwdriver from the looks of it despite the fact that the door was unlocked and that you can unzip a softtop window from the outside with your finger tip (I left it unlocked to avoid getting windows cut --lotta good it did me )the guy ripped out a pioneer cd stereo with no face plate as it was locked in the console. The console he broke his screwdriver on trying to find a good spot to pry.. doofus! all for a stereo he cant use and I dont think anyone will buy, a new faceplate costs almost as much as the unit new and you have to provide a serial number so it probably ended up in a trash can somewhere.
But he is gonna make that killer score...someday.
Sucks that someone got into your Jeep check into tuffys products they are well worth it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top