Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2001 6:36:44 AM EDT
If you want to do something special for the deployed troops check out Busse Combat [url]http://www.combatknives.com[/url] as they have a excellent program to get knives to the front line troops!!
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:03:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Busse Combat is donating in excess of $40,000.00 of our high
                        performance, record setting bladeware to be distributed to our front line
                        troops already in Afghanistan. USSOCOM (The United States Special
                        Operations Command) has joined with Busse Combat in the distribution of
                        these blades to our Special Ops Teams overseas who are involved in
                        Operation Enduring Freedom.
View Quote

Our front line troops should already have an issued knife or two.  So where are these knives going to, and is Busse knives contracted with the U.S. military?
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:10:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey Shrike9,
What about Strider?  [url]www.striderknives.com[/url]

They are still doing that thing where if you pay for materials, they will donate the arm work for their knives and send them to the enlisted guys.

Not trying to start that Busse vs. Strider debate, just trying to get a heads up.

Chaingun,
Busse doesn't have a contract, I don't think.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:38:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I repeat, if they are "donating" these knives, why do they want us to pick up the tab?  
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Golgo-13,
Not sure about Busse's program, but Strider is not donating knives, just their time and energy, the raw materials are being purchased by people wanting to help out.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 9:12:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Our front line troops should already have an issued knife or two.  
View Quote

Have you seen the issue knives? The Army gets a M7 or M9 bayonet. Marines get an M7 bayonet or a bad ontario knife Kabar copy. The Air force gets the Camillus "survival" knife. The Navy gets the Mk3 ModO.

With the possible exception of the M9 and Kabar copy, none will take or hold a good edge.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Marines get an M7 bayonet or a bad ontario knife Kabar copy.  
View Quote

I just picked up a Ontario kabar copy for $20s, and it's very junky.  The whole knife looks flat black spraypainted.  I was considering stripping off this finish.  I got what I paid for.

(I can't spell)
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Want a bayonet, Duane got the hardware for making the D-9 work with the M4.

Just some eye-candy for fellow knife nuts:
[img]http://www.tripleaughtdesign.com/d9-grn2.jpg[/img]

Edited to add the photo came from [url]www.tripleaughtdesign.com[/url]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#8]
That is kinda crazy. They would be better served with a k bar or something simmilar. Damn my busse cost me about 280$
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I signed up. Seems like a good idea. I would like to think that the knife I paid for gutted one of those SOBs.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#10]
If you visit the web site you will see that for $35.00 you get a numbered dog tag and the troop that get's the knife also gets a tag. Seems for $35.00 somebody's getting a really good deal. Busse's cost of the steel alone is wayover that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top