Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2001 10:29:48 PM EDT
a couple of weeks ago me and my buddy where out at hodge road when we noticed through my spotting scope we were being wached by a older man in a late model jeep cherokee white in color we were almost done for the day so we loaded up and decided to investigate he was on top of of the hill on the east side of the I15 right at the over pass so we circled around the hill behind him when he recognized are truck we were about fifty yards away we could see him put his camera away and then he crabbed his cell phone and called someone so we just sat about twenty yards in front of him for a few minutes you could tell he was nervous we decided to leave any way does anyone from my area know who he is has anyone else seen him
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 10:54:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Another reason why everyone should carry one of those disposable cameras with them. He wants to take pics of you, you should take pics of him. Even if you never run into a situation like this, it would still be a good thing to have the camera around to take pics for insurance purposes if you get into an accident.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 11:22:07 PM EDT
[#2]
"All your pictures are belong to us"
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 11:08:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Culprit,
I can't believe you went to all that trouble
and did not find out the who, what, why?
You should have at least got his tag number.
Always have a camera close by! Never be afraid
to ask questions!
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey culprit -

I haven't been up to Hodge Road in years. How's the shootin'? Does the BLM frequent the area? I'm curious if anyone in CA has been 'busted' for using an 'assault weapon' on BLM-maintained land this year.
Thanks
SC
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#5]
all the big conspiracy sites like infowars.com are saying (and have pictures) that white jeep cherokees are the replacement for the big black suburbans that were supposedly packed with g-men.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I ran in to a BLM ‘volunteer’ about 3 years ago out in the So CA desert. He pulled right up to my camp sight (in an all white Jeep Cherokee) and told me who he was. He was a young guy, about 20 years old. He had a cell phone on his seat and a CB radio. He said he was ‘checking on people to make sure they were OK’, and out to answer any questions.
He drove away, but parked on a small hill about a mile away. I looked at him with my binoculars, and by golly, he was watching me with binoculars! Imagine that. What a friggin’ dork. I guess he thought I was waiting for the all-clear to bury my wife or something.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#7]
By the way, I did have guns on the tailgate of my truck when he approached.

And, I did find a good spot to bury my wife.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 3:42:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Good arguement for getting a quality spotting scope with a camera adapter.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 8:55:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I have heard a couple stories like this now.

The few times I have encountered Local Cops, BLM Rangers, and Forest Service Rangers while shooting in Cali, they havent been sneaky at all. They just drive up and introduce themselves like you would expect.

We chat for awhile, I always ask for a business card so I can contact them with questions in the fuuture, and they go about their business.

Its a shame you didnt approach him directly and ask if he needed some sort of help. Something like: "Sir, we noticed you have been sitting there for awhile. Is your Jeep broke down? Can we give you a ride to town, want to borrow my cellphone? Oh, your cars fine and you have your own phone. Then what are you doing out here?"
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I usually shoot by calico and have never seen anyone watching.But will now keep an eye out have been approached by blm and they were actually very friendly.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#11]
SaltCreek LOL!  I've got a wife, do you know of anymore good spots out there?  Back to the white Jeeps, I was watching something on Area 51 on the History Channel, Discovery, something anyway (I was just half ass paying attention), and they were showing the roads going into the base and there was white Jeep Cherokee's sitting there with the Security Personnel in them.  Maybe the Gov't has went to all Jeeps now?
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 6:00:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 6:14:36 AM EDT
[#13]
It musta been gun envy!  :)
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 6:21:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 6:47:49 AM EDT
[#15]
The gov probably has gone to Jeeeeeeeps-they have to bail Chrysler out again-  Just watch out for trained personnel in blue K cars...
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 7:18:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Gee, I have a white Jeep Cherokee, but that is another story...

Anyway, just smile BIG at them [:D] and see if you can take their picture and get the plate number...

Then we can have some fun!!

Link Posted: 3/8/2001 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#17]
The company that is contracted to patrol Area 51 is Wackenhut Security. It also has indications of being a CIA front company.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 10:24:55 AM EDT
[#18]
They will have to use a different vehicle soon I saw on the news that they are discontinueing the Jeep Cherokee. Its a shame since they were the most affordable SUV's out there.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 11:19:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They will have to use a different vehicle soon I saw on the news that they are discontinueing the Jeep Cherokee. Its a shame since they were the most affordable SUV's out there.
View Quote

And one, if not the best that money can buy...Although I wouldn't mind having a Hummer someday...

Link Posted: 3/8/2001 11:40:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are just changing the name in the U.S. to
Liberty to go with the new model style change. It will still be Cherokee in Europe.[8D]
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Tim J:
It's obvious that they are white to more easily make the transition to U.N. vehicles. Just slap on a duct tape "UN" and you're in business.<;^)
(that's a smiley with a tin foil hat).

Everything that is not allowed is forbidden-the new law of the land.

Tim
View Quote

All your duct tape are belong to us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top