Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2001 9:25:17 PM EDT
I SUSPECT, that ALL of these kids.....from number one, in the school shootings, parents were liberal democrats.......ANY TAKERS?????

OUT HERE.........
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#1]
There is only one small problem with your theory.  If they were liberal democrats what would they be doing with a firearm in the house in the first place?  Now I won't say that they did'nt vote Democrap, but I'd bet they don't have a clue, about 1. The Constitution 2. What kind of legislation the people they vote for pushes 3. What the hell their kids are doing.  They are so preoccupied with work and their own petty concerns they are completely blind to the world around them.  And if they do know, then they are indifferent, probably the same affliction the rest of America has the "it won't happen to me", "my kid would'nt do that".  I'd better stop there before I get worked up and start ranting.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 10:49:37 PM EDT
[#2]
In the last issue of First Freedom there is a mention of a research paper done by Peter D. Hart Research Associates, Inc. for HCI in the  1990s found that 20% OF HCI MEMBERS OWN FIREARMS!
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 12:14:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll wager that these recent shooters had at least two of the following:

1) Are medicated in some way (Ritalin, Prozak...)

2) Belong to a family that lacks parental authority (day care, nanny, single parent...)

3) Too much free time (get a job!)

4) Is a substance abuser

5) No fear of God (this should be #1)
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 12:22:13 AM EDT
[#4]
gregw45,

I do not defend the perp. in any way.

But....

He was 15, probably not old enough to work (at least in my state)

I agree with all your other points being valid possibilities.

Let's see what is discovered before we jump to conclusions. My $.02.

Link Posted: 3/7/2001 12:25:53 AM EDT
[#5]
btt (am I a member yet?)
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 4:06:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow! A Texan wanting to get to the facts first!(just kiddin).[:O][:)]
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 4:14:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Southern Rising:
gregw45,

I do not defend the perp. in any way.

But....

He was 15, probably not old enough to work (at least in my state)

I agree with all your other points being valid possibilities.

Let's see what is discovered before we jump to conclusions. My $.02.

View Quote

Not old enough to work?  When I was a boy my allowance was I was allowed 3 meals a day, clothes, and shelter.  If I wanted money there was mowing lawns, raking leaves, shoveling snow, or picking up pop bottles for the deposit.  Kind of a "Four Seasons" work ehtic.
As to the religion or lack thereof aspect.  I don't buy that, either.  One of those two boys at Jonesborough was a choir boy.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 4:23:46 AM EDT
[#8]
The comment about the HCI members owning guns kind of hit home. Did you know the gun that was used in the Columbine was provided by the son of a HCI member. Here is link to story:
http://www.denverpost.com/news/shot0801.htm
Ron
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 4:57:22 AM EDT
[#9]
That anybody is surprised that 20% of HCI members own guns just shows how closed-minded we are.

Remember: "HCI doesn't want to confiscate your guns."  Why [i]shouldn't[/i] 1/5 of their members believe that?  Remember; it's Handgun [i]CONTROL[/i] Incorporated.

We, for all of our self-assumed literary prowess (see the usual "Who is John Galt?" "Art of War?" "Unintended Consequences?" posts), tend to be closed-minded.  It is then easy to illustrate us as social Luddites at best, atavisms at worst.  We need to know our enemy in addition to despising him.

No wonder we're losing.  Sheesh.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#10]
David M:
Not old enough to work? When I was a boy my allowance was I was allowed 3 meals a day, clothes, and shelter. If I wanted money there was mowing lawns, raking leaves, shoveling snow, or picking up pop bottles for the deposit. Kind of a "Four Seasons" work ehtic.

I should have phrased what I said differently.  What I meant is that it is difficult to be employed by a company under age 16 (child labor laws)

I would guess that in upper class suburbs most neighbors would have professional lawn maintainence instead of getting the neighbor boy to butcher their lawns.  And I dobt there's much snow to shovel in Southern California.

Granted, there is 'income' to be found, but I wouldn't consider picking up pop bottles for a nickle each a job.

I'm not intending to flame, I'm just saying that the world is a different place for kids now.  It certainly isn't because they made it that way, and I think that's something we all need to consider.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#11]
What gregw45 said plus

6) under the care of a psychiatrist or licensed psychologist
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#12]
One thing for sure, he wasn't under the care of his parents. The sound of his homelife was enough to make anyone nuts. We owe our kids better than that.
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 7:26:59 AM EDT
[#13]
BTT.
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 9:24:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Prosicute the parents of these kids.What do they do pack them lunch and a firearm,put it in there backpack? It's totally F@#CKING rediculous!
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 10:59:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Right on Gregw45!  As for prosecuting parents..hell yes!  If it takes a pat down of your kid to make sure they don't possess weapon then do it.  GA has a parental responsibility law.  Too many times I see parents who don't give a rip..They don't even make sure prescribed medication [ritalin, prozac, paxil] is taken regularly.  We have to have the court mandate parents do such simple things.  I have personally bought two 6 year olds and a seven year old before the court for taking loaded guns to school!!!  I went after parents for being irresponsible..two parents of the group were convicted felons..No parent had a clue as to kids playing with firearms...and none claimed the guns found..Thank God no-one was hurt.[:(!]
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#16]
 EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE MASS SHOOTERS WAS ON PROZAC!!!!   IT IS A KNOWN SIDE EFFECT THAT SOME PATIENTS BECOME HOMICIDAL!!!!  Most if not all were under psych care- how do you think they got Prozac........We are reaping the effects of a Godless, value-less culture...
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#17]
The idea that the parents of these kids are probably liberals is in no way inconsistent with them owning weapons.

It should be, but it's not.

Whoever said liberals weren't prone to hypocrisy and double standards, Feinstein would be a perfect example.

[red][size=4] P.R.K.
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 7:46:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Ditto on the Prozac. Columbine shooters were both Ritalin kids, and one had graduated to a prozac substitute.

I've had ritalin kids in my scout troop, it turns them into zombies. Breaks your heart to have to give it to them every morning when we're camping, but you have to do what the parents say when it comes to meds.

Link Posted: 4/8/2001 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Whoever said liberals weren't prone to hypocrisy and double standards, Feinstein would be a perfect example.

[red][size=4] P.R.K.
View Quote

When I lived in Santa Clara, it was Swinestien, that convinced me to purchase my first handgun! When i read in the "Mercury News" that this Beatch had a permit to carry a gun and her fellow political scumbags also, but the common citizen couldn't have one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top