BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Rugger,

I was refering to the airfield in Afghanistan, not O'Grady.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 9:06:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Rugger,

I was refering to the airfield in Afghanistan, not O'Grady.
View Quote

My bad then i stand corrected, and apoligize.
cheers, rugger
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
STIRN
You say your 1stsgt was the Company gunny for Wpns Co. How could that be?
View Quote

How could that be? Have you ever deployed with  MEU? T/O looks good on paper but rarely happens.
Lets see i had my own Machine gun squad as a Lcpl. which is a SGT. billet. My Section leader was a CPL(SSGT billet) at time of deployment and my PltSgt was a SSGT (GySGT billet)at time of deployment. One of the line Plt's had a SSGT as a Plt Commander and a SGT. as a Plt.SGT. One of the line Plt's had a Lcpl squad leader and a Cpl. fire team leader because the Cpl was a fuck up.
Units often deploy under manned because the sick, lame and lazy are counted toward the T/O until they are dropped from the company. Most of the time i had 2 man gun teams, as the senior squad leader got the ammomen if the were available.

The senior 0369 in Wpns co is a MSgt billet E-8, and he’s called the Operations Chief, not Company Gunny.
View Quote

True but in this case Weapons Co.did not have a MSGT they had a Company Gunny, Most Infantry 0369's select to become 1StSGT's because it's better for thier carrer since the promotion to SGTMAJ is easier.  
MEU’s don’t leave under T/O especially when it comes to Officers and SNCO’s.
View Quote

See above, i can provided more factual examples and im sure others can to.

Maybe your 1StSgt was the 81’s Plt Sgt that is a GySgt billet.
View Quote

His 1STSGT was the PltSgt(Gunny at the time) for the Anti-Armor Plt. I talked to STRLN and confirmed his name.

I am with 3/2.
View Quote

No offense but how long have you been in the Fleet and whats your MOS. You can't be a Grunt or a salt because you would know this and be bitching about being under manned.

Edited to correct false assumptions, he's not a boot or pouge. I stand by all other statements.
Cheers, rugger
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#4]
rugger
Over 20 years, 0369.
Take some vacation next summer and come down to Camp Lejeune.
I'll buy you lunch at the Staff Club and be more than happy to give you my bio and swap war stories with you.
I'll even take you over to what ever Battalion is on work up and show you what I mean about T/o.
After that I'll take you over to a Battalion that is at the bottom of it's cycle and there you will see what it is to be under manned.
Bitch about it, a true professional  voices his concern and makes do with what he's got.
By the way where you ever with 3/8?
Just come by 3/2's CP and ask for MSgt Baron.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:37:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Treefrog-
Check your PM.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top