Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 7:03:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool! I am going to try this next time I go shoot!
I am obsessed with rapid fire, it is a true addiction that I cannot not kick! I just hope bump firing doesn't send me to the poor house with all the ammo I am going to be cranking out!

Ybbeat
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 7:05:28 AM EDT
[#2]
sorry double post.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 7:54:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I tried to bump my savage model twelve but it
wouldn't work....can someone ask DonR what I am doing wrong?
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 1:28:58 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are getting consistant 2-3rd bursts, then you have the idea and just need more practice...
With more practice you can shoot from the shoulder and actually AIM.
Here is a hint on how to do it more easily..  Put your thumb in your pocket, use your middle finger, and don't actually PULL the trigger.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 4:34:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I had an Calico M951(?) 9mm with two 50 Rd and one 100RD mag I was young and 9mm cost 6 to 8 bucks / 50 rd.

it was wonderful for bump firing. I could finish a 100 rounder before you can count to ten. It was an expensive hobby for an 19 years old.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you are getting consistant 2-3rd bursts, then you have the idea and just need more practice...
With more practice you can shoot from the shoulder and actually AIM.
Here is a hint on how to do it more easily..  Put your thumb in your pocket, use your middle finger, and don't actually PULL the trigger.

BISHOP
View Quote

Speaking of that...aiming, I mean....

I thought I would give the 'firin the bump' from the shoulder a try on Sunday.

I brought my gun to my shoulder, aimed, and tried to fire a burst.

It was only AFTER failing to get the bump effect that I realized I was standing on a narrow log foot bridge crossing my creek.  Only about 8 feet down to the mud, debris.  [BD]

Man, IF that had worked, and IF the recoil had surprised me, I would have dropped right off that log.

dumb, dumb...  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top