Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2001 8:23:53 AM EDT
From a Wall St Journal article taken off
[url]www.msnbc.com/news/663001.asp?0cb=-51624124[/url]

[blue]Nov. 26 — The first clue came back in 1989, in a field outside New York City. There, [b][i]within view of a secret Federal Bureau of Investigation surveillance camera[/i][/b], stood five Arab men taking target practice at a rifle range. At the time, the FBI wrote them off as harmless zealots, fired up to help the mujahedeen fighting the Soviet puppet government in Afghanistan.[/blue]........

A rifle range under FBI camera surveillance[shock]. This was back in 1989.  Surveillance cameras & methods have come a long way since then.  Wonder if I'll have to consider a electronic sweep of the range before I go next.  Have to watch what kind of joking around I might do too. Never know who may be listening now & take it the wrong way.

Remember to smile more at the range. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 8:27:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Hell, the shock wave from your Barrett is enough to set off a seismograph! [:D]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 8:28:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmm.... Dark safety glasses, license plates off the car, and tape over the LEGP info on the rifle ought to make you feel safe next range visit![:D]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe the best thing to do would be to place a gag on anti while at the range![peep]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:29:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:29:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I sure wish they would come out of hiding and help me find those missing pieces of brass that I always somehow lose. [:)]  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:39:18 AM EDT
[#6]
That isn't very supprising, considering what the govt has done before.

Watch-Six,
My dad is going to be up in your state for a day or two, and all he does at the range anymore is look for brass, he is more into reloading.  I have almost considered not inviting him because it is weird to have a guy that walks down the range with his head down, bending over all day.
Want him? j/k

Ice
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:50:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Ice, no thanks, you keep him.  Around here the last few days he will need to kick the snow out of his way.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#8]
He is from Idaho, so he knows about snow.
Take care,
Ice
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 10:52:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Maybe the best thing to do would be to place a gag on anti while at the range![peep]
View Quote

anti likes gags, handcuffs, blindfolds and hot oils, as long as they come with classy brunettes!
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 11:59:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Is your range under surveillance?

It certainly must be.  Can you see *any* houses or buildings from your range--then they can see *you*.  Can you hear anything from your range?  Then the people making that racket can hear you.

Shoot responsibly, assume you are being observed, and act accordingly.  If not by a cop, then by some "civilian" with a liberal mindset and a cell-phone.

All I'm saying is, be prudent.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#11]
So, do yall think the FBI might sell some of these tapes? I've had a few fun days at the range when I didn't take a camera, but these videos sound like they would be a great addition to my shooting pictures!

Who would I need to call and find out what ranges are under surveillance and how much the videos are?  [50]

Michael
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

First thing you have to do is find a substance that he can't gnaw through. [;)]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Heck, our local FBI guys are just about all members of our range anyway, why would they need to conduct surveillance?!?!

Seriously, sounds like an isolated incident to me.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Nothing in NY is "isolated"
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 8:29:31 PM EDT
[#15]
It's funny you should mention this. There is a shooting club down here in refinery land that I frequent and it is real close to a power generating station.  I was going to go do a little shooting but decided there were way too many people and I noticed what looked like some type of unmarked government vehicle parked right on the fence line on the side of the road.
I came back a couple of hours later and the vehicle and it's occupants where both there checking out the shooters.  
If this happens again, I'll see if they are using any type of video equipment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top