Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 11/26/2001 4:55:46 AM EDT
This e-mail address/account has sent over 288 e-mail transmissions containing virus/worm content to a bunch of our AR15.com team members. I updated the AR15.com e-mail virus scanning gateway yesterday so hopefully none of our members actually received the suspect content. (just a message indicating that they were sent a virus/worm) Thanks! Rich
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 5:38:41 AM EDT
It was sent to me too. Same address.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 5:59:45 AM EDT
Did it come to your AR15.com address? If so (and if we protected your system), please send a 6 pack of beer to Goatboy ! [:D]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 6:09:02 AM EDT
I got it too. It came from ronj@chorus.net. The wormy file was attached, but I deleted it without downloading. I had a couple of others, also. I don't remember the names because I deleted them too fast. Didn't think to warn the others till after I had deleted them. [url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=72935[/url]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 6:59:06 AM EDT
This is serious, even though it sounds ridiculous, but could this be considered a terrorist attack? Under the state of affairs and the laws, who would benefit from it except anti gun nuts?
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 7:23:54 AM EDT
Unfortunately, I got an e-mail with attachment from ronj@chorus.net too. Didn't open the attachment though.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 7:27:32 AM EDT
I got a .pif file attachment from our very own DonR! I doubt it's terrorism, just a virus that spanks your email address book in an attempt to reproduce itself.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 7:37:42 AM EDT
Lets not gang up on these people. Most of the time you can have a virus and know nothing about it. Did anyone email the person back letting them know they had the virus?
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 7:50:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 8:01:08 AM EDT
Hmmmn...I got one also.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 8:24:34 AM EDT
Sorry Jarhead. I think you're right. We installed Norton 2002 Saturday and removed it from our computer.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 8:44:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DonR: Sorry Jarhead. I think you're right. We installed Norton 2002 Saturday and removed it from our computer.
View Quote
Hey, no problem, brother. I just wrote it off as what it was: you got zapped, and it got passed on unbeknownst to you.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 2:44:59 PM EDT
This mail comes to you from the Virus Emergency Response Team at Proland Software. A new variant of Badtrans.A worm has been discovered in the wild, called the Win32/Badtrans.B worm. This worm is spreading rapidly via the Internet. About the Win32/Badtrans.B Worm: Win32/Badtrans.B is a worm that spreads using MS-Outlook and Outlook Express. This worm infects Windows systems. The worm arrives with the subject as reply to an email sent earlier by you with a prefix 'Re:'. This worm is potential of sending the system critical information using a trojan, dropped by the worm itself. You can read more about this worm at: [URL]http://www.protectorplus.com/virus_info/worms/badtransb.htm[/URL]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 5:36:43 PM EDT
I’ve recived 3 of these e-mails from diffrent. As long as we don't open the attachment were ok? I have opened the mail but not the attachment. nothing to worry about right?
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 10:20:47 PM EDT
Had this in my mailbox when I got in from work an hour or so ago. The Advanced Virus Detection software on airNwire.com has reported that you were sent an E-mail from kdwells@sierratel.com, containing the W32/Badtrans.B@mm virus in the Sorry_about_yesterday.MP3.pif attachment. The subject of the E-mail was "Re: Bushmaster on ar15.com". The E-mail containing the virus has been quarantined on the server to prevent further damage. Thank You, Virus Detection Team www.airNwire.com Virus Protection provided by Joink, Inc. www.joink.com
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 7:30:10 PM EDT
I got 4 Warning messages from the following emails: rarringt@bellsouth.net jddukes@logantele.com jcw@emeraldis.com danclee@jps.net All with the email stating that the subject was "Re: " Luckily, even if the attachment got through, it wouldn't have affected me: I have a Mac! [:D]
Top Top