Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/25/2001 5:59:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 6:02:33 PM EDT
Lumpy where were you? I was near the Ludington area. Same thing with me. I saw the buttend of one large deer. Couldnt see if it was a doe or buck. One guy did get a three pointer. The warm weather is allowing the deer to stay in one place. Plenty of food and cover. First time when I wasnt cold.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 6:06:48 PM EDT
Hey guys I was hunting in the Hesperia/New Era area this weekend and last week. Last week I took a very large doe and my buddy took a very small buck yesterday morning. We have been seeing a ton of deer in this area, which is not to far from Ludington. Isn't there another season in about three weeks in michigan?
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 6:09:25 PM EDT
Firearms lasts until Nov 30th. You can hunt with bows I think until the end of December. Last two weeks of December is muzzleloader.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 6:14:29 PM EDT
I've seen a ton of deer this week here in Texas. There was a nice buck about 25yds from me Wednesday morning, but there were a bunch of very small branches obstructing my shot, so I let it go rather than risking just wounding it (bow hunting). I've seen enough though that I should get another shot pretty soon. Sorry to hear you didn't even see anything. Michael
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 6:38:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 6:51:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/25/2001 6:44:49 PM EDT by Fred_Short]
I have been seeing a few deer here in the GREAT BROWN NORTH, no horns though. I hope to get out yet this week and maybe get a shot at the buck that has been leaving HUGE track near my car every morning I hunt. Lumpy223, I spent a few summers of my youth near Lovells. My Grandfather lived off CR612 near Bear Lake (Hardgrove). I would ride the horse to Jones Lake campgroung and give all the girls a ride. When your are 14-15 years old, there is no better chick magnet than a horse. Man, I had a good time. Fred needed to correct my age
Top Top