Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2001 12:45:38 PM EDT
That's how close I was to winning the Ca. Super Lotto over the weekend.

I got 4 out of 5 numbers plus the "mega" number.
The odds of doing what I did were about 1:200,000.
I managed to get 1800 bucks for picking the numbers I got, YIPPIE!  But man, only one number away from achieving my dream of "Squirrel Farmer" for life!

For getting 5 out of 5 but no mega number the odds step up to about 1: 1.2million.  The pay out on that one was 23000 dollars.

We all know that for all 6 numbers the pay out was 89 million.

Anyhow, 202 people did what I did.
32 people got 5 out of 5 but no mega.
and the 1 woman got the 6 out of 6.

Hopefully I don't have to pay taxes on this amount, I'm hoping it is under the limit required before they take taxes out of your winnings.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#1]
It is my destiny to win the lottery as there must be a purpose to all of the bad things that keep happening to me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#2]
good for you ugly. now what new toy you going to be with that found money
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 3:56:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Back in '95 I was one number off from the Georgia $32M lottery. I had a 27 instead of a "2".  Since I had 4 of 5 plus the Powerball number, I got around $5500, enough to pay off my Pathfinder.

It was three nights before my wife and I could go to sleep at night without dreaming of what came so close.

Merlin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top