Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2001 6:15:51 PM EDT
I have an '88 GM which requires Dexron II ATF in both the Transmission and Transfer case.  However, all that's out there is Dexron III, and only a couple of brands say in the fine print that they cover Dexron II.

The problem is that I was taking advantage of the last of the warm weather last weekend and decided to change the ATF in the transfer case.  Rather than drive 15+ miles to an auto parts store, I went to the local gas station/store to buy ATF.  All they had was Dexron III.  

To make a long story short, I went ahead and put name brand Dexron III in a transfer case recommending II.  I assume this is OK as Dexron II seems to have faded away or into the fine print whereas the vehicles that require it are still kickin around.  I'm guessing that III covers all properties II had and then some.

What do you think?
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Dexron III can indeed be used in all applications where Dexron II or Dexron was originally called for.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the verification!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top