Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2001 5:32:48 PM EDT
Whoever we have feeding the Northern Alliance lines has done an excellent job.  Every time these guys make a public statement, it's absolutly the best possible thing to say.  Rather than, "kill all the @@#$% bastards".  They say things like "we will deal with them according to international law".  They are always careful to slip a reference in that the Taliban are "terrorists".  What better buzz word for the soccer moms to hear on the TV.  These guys are so good in front of the camera, that hey, the occasional mass killing of Taliban's is something which was probably justified.  Which it is to us, but I think it's working on the soccor moms too.

Now I see they're starting to wear uniforms more on TV and carry M16's.  Good guys carry M16's, terrorists carry AK's.  

These guys have one HELL of an excellent PR coach on their team.  

Hat's off.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:12:17 PM EDT
[#1]
PR team = US SF. Thank God for each and every one of them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Not exactly indicative of what is really taking place there, is it?  
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Why, trickshot, tell us what's really happening over there? [>]:)]

Link Posted: 11/20/2001 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#4]
we are taking heavy casualties and murdering innocent women and child and bombing cnns hotel rooms offices..... oh wait i have been watching cnn...

oh yeah anyone see that footage of the nation geographic reporter getting hit?  maybe that will teach them it is not a good idea to stand next to tanks taking pictures in a warzone... probably not though
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 9:48:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not exactly indicative of what is really taking place there, is it?  
View Quote

Not in your Bizaaro world anyway.
Trickshot reminds me of a joke Letterman told the other night:
"Last night, President Bush threw out the ceremonial first pitch at a baseball game.  The White House said it was a strike.  The Taliban claims it missed and killed several dozen innocent civilians..."
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 10:13:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why, trickshot, tell us what's really happening over there? [>]:)]

View Quote

Whaa.. What happened to your signature?  Hell I read your posts just to see your parting signature.  I am truely disappointed!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top