Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2001 8:42:26 AM EDT
Anyone notice the irony of the firearm being used?  It was very PC.  

It was a rimfire.  Not an eeeevil centerfire.

It had a capacity of less than 10 rounds to prevent "spraying."  Funny how 15(?) people were still shot, and I'm pretty sure he didn't hit someone with each shot.

It was a revolver.  Not an eeeevil automatic pistol.

It had a long barrel.  Not an easily concealable short barrel.

Well that does it.  The solution has become apparent.  We must ban ALL private firearm ownership.  Hey if we ever go into a depression and a messianic Hitler/Stalin type decides to oppress and murder millions of Americans (that will never happen.....hmmm just like the Germans thought it would never happen in the 1920's) at least we are "safe" in the knowledge that guns won't end up on school campuses (just like drugs don't end up there after we banned them.)  The unwashed masses cannot be trusted with firearms.  Only the intellectually superior types like the Clinton's can control such deadly devices.  I'm going to turn in my guns and join HCI now.  (yeah right...)

MG
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 9:35:12 AM EDT
[#1]
We don't hear a lot from the anti-gunners, probably they have nothing to say at this point.  I guess everyone has missed the boat on why 22LR is not as tightly regulated as center fire.  My personal feeling is that this type of  firearm is not a threat to the government.  The objective of gun control by the anti-gunners is not crime control, but government control of your gun.  If gun control happens to reduce crime, okay, but the main reason behind gun control is to prevent uprisings and revolts.  My friend told me that in Mexico, it is okay to have a 22LR, but not any centerfire.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I want a [b]long barreled[/b] American 180.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Warlord,

You are correct, but I don't think that the antis will stop with centerfire weapons.  I think they will demonize each type in turn until you are reduced to less than a bow and arrow.  I read an article in a Boston newspaper the other day where they were crying about the "stabbing epidemic" and the need for knife control because guns are so heavily regulated.

.22LR is the capability to acquire better firepower.  There is a single shot .45 pistol called the Liberator that was intended to perform a similar purpose in WWII.  The plan was to drop them off to the French underground so they could kill a German soldier and acquire his firearms.  They were cheap to produce, but were not used in the war.  The remaining ones are highly collectible and run about $700-800.  A .22 can perform a very similar function, especially in the form of a derringer.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I watched part of a press conference on the subject over the noon hour. The damn media tried like crazy to lure the speaker into making the weapon SCARY. One bafoon asked if it was a pistol modified to "shoot bullets made for a long rifle" another brilliant mind asked if it was capable of being reloaded very quickly , and another idiot asked if a .22 long rifle was a pistol with a LONG rifle barrel on it. The speaker finally got fed up and said " People, it's a .22 revolver, thats it"
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#5]
yesterday day,when the shooting happened I was watching CNN headline news. A reporter was interviewing some kids that saw it happen,as they gave their version[saddly these kids thought the whole thing was kinda funny [:(!] ] when one kid said he here a string of shots, the reporter asked how many,more than ten or less than ten........the reporter was obsessed with the number of shots fired.He kept asking this about half a dozen times.Clearly he was hoping to get to demonize high-capacity magzines
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
the reporter asked how many,more than ten or less than ten........the reporter was obsessed with the number of shots fired.He kept asking this about half a dozen times.Clearly he was hoping to get to demonize high-capacity magzines
View Quote

>10 <10 WTF?

Sounds like the A-HOLE was writing a damm computer program.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#7]
What's the triumph here?  They'll just say that all guns need to be banned now.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 11:22:03 PM EDT
[#8]
It's sad that the perp didn't just stick the muzzle of that P.C. firearm into his mouth, and pulled the trigger, instead of causing injury and death to others.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 12:32:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What's the triumph here?  They'll just say that all guns need to be banned now.
View Quote

I dunno, maybe, just maybe, if enough a-holes like Rosie, DiFi, Hillary, etc. start clamoring for even more unconstitutional laws as a result of this, it might just make some of the people who are on the fence realize just what the end game really is. We'll see.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 1:12:30 AM EDT
[#10]
You have to understand HOW this works,

If you banning Machine guns, then people would have to use semi-auto to use in crime.

Then if you ban semi-auto pistols then they will only have revolvers.

As each gun get taken away, they will be replaced with what's available, unitl they ban All guns, then the criminals will go back to Machine guns for crime, as you see what is happening in England now.

^
[url]www.RKBA.org/antis/hci-master[/url]
[url]www.DigitalAngel.net/da_patent/index.htm[/url]

Never Again, Never Forget
Seek the Truth
Liberate Your Mind

FIXED BAYONETS

VX

Link Posted: 3/7/2001 1:15:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I agree.  I guess I still hold out some hope that the sheep will wake up.  I know, I know... I'm dreaming
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top