Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2001 6:31:41 AM EDT
I pick up my deer meat tomorrow. I would like to make some jerky. They charge $12 a lb at the slaughter house. I have a smoker but no recipe. Any good ones out there? Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:35:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:39:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Waldo, What amounts of each ingredient should I use? How long should I cook in the smoker?

Thanks

My Mouth is starting to water.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:03:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 8:10:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Just use some Dale's sauce if you are in a hurry. But don't soak it all night or it will be too salty. A couple hours is fine, then slow hickory smoke 'till it is dried.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Take Steak, freeze it until its partially frozen but still easily cut with a good knife.
This allows it to be cut thin without the hassle.

Soak in a bowl of tariaki sauce, few drops of liquid smoke and whorchester sauce, over night.

Stick in food dehydrater for 1½ days or until crispy
[b]OR[/b] Put in oven (hanging strips over the rack) on 200º for a day.

This is what my buddy does (he uses food dehydrater) and they are great!!!

BISHOP
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#6]
In a container, add 10oz of worchestchire sauce,
10oz of soy sauce, one small bottle of liquid smoke,and one small bottle of tobasco sauce. Soak meat in fluid for at least 12 hours.

Then, in a shaker,mix one part course black pepper, one part lemmon pepper, one part garlic salt, and one part onion powder.

Remove meat from fluid, and sprinkle on spices.

Place in dryer for 24 hours, remove and enjoy.

This recipe is also good for turning cooked turkey into somthing eatable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top