Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2001 2:08:18 AM EDT
[b]Rant mode on[/b]

Ho hum, about to drive back to 100 Centre St. in Manhattan for criminal court.  You can call this case "Waverunner vs. the Bloods Gang members"

Basically way back in April me and my partner were the first units to respond to a gunpoint robbery. 2 perps placed under arrest and the third decided he wanted to fight it out(Hand to Hand...I won). Turns out all 3 are Bloods Gang Members. Needless to say the first two perps got 8 years, and 10 years in the (butt)slammer and the third wants to fight his charges instead of taking a plea bargain...stupid, stupid, stupid. This guy has no chance of winning his case AND, more importantly, he is using up my days off to do more productive stuff like going shooting. Cha-ching!!! Ha Ha Ha "Blood" Money...
Oh yeah, I forgot, the Bloods will probably want payback, I say bring it![heavy]

[b]Rant mode off[/b]

Link Posted: 11/20/2001 3:28:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:57:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I know exactly how you feel. I'm stuck with sucky ass tuesday and wednesday off and court is always on my days off.  I've got enough seniority I should be on day shift with nice weekends off but I have no desire to get up early in the morning and work with all the day shift broke dick retirees.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 8:24:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I spend most Mondays on call.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 8:59:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm with you, the only saving grace is that we get 3 hours time and a half minimum for court on a work day not during our shift and 4 hours time and a half minimum for court on our day off. We get 2 hours time and a half a day for stand by. That is for every appearance with no maximum limit.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey waverunner god bless you,those are the guys that we need to send on the front lines in Afghanistan they like killing and all the dope they could shoot up.When they die it will be no loss to our nation.I'm sick of paying for these people to stay in prison.Hey by the way one of the local LEO in my town gave me six tickets mailing a letter at 3am after 18 plus hours on shift this cop decides to make an issue about me getting out of the car and leaving the car running,doesn't like my license plate mount called unclear plates ,one bulb out for the plate,says my vehicle is loud and I was parked in a fire zone.No matter how respectiful I was he could't care less.I work real hard wave runner. Needless to say had I known the post office was in front of a fire zone I would never of parked there my mistake.See people all day long there including the police mailing letters.After all was said and done I only had one question for him what day's off do you have.I don't care how much ot ya get I just don't want you to enjoy your day off.He could of let me slide but NOT.So I postponed three times.SEMPER FI
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 10:57:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Same here, the OT is great, but the judge gets pissy when you read gun mags in the back of the court. Worst is to wait 3 hrs and then they go for a postponement because the judge knows it will be a long trial.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#8]
[b]UPDATE[/b]

5 hours 48 minutes OT

Random Thoughts:

1) All officer involved gave excellent testimony today in court. This guy is going away for a looooong time.

2) Is it me or are all defense attorneys dicks?

3) Complainants never showed up at court...why? They're perps too!

4) The blonde juror in the front was hot, nice to know I have my priorities straight

5) I started my drive home from Manhattan at 3PM, I didn't get home until 5PM! 2 hours for a 53 mile drive back to Long Island?!?!?!
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Runner,

1.  The perps are lucky they aren't room temp.
2.  Yes, ALL defense attorneys are slime-ball land sharks.
3.  You are lucky the hotty was there to keep your mind off of having to spend your free time in court.
4.  A visit to the complainants is in order.   Explain to them...next time, you're on your own!
5.  So, the perps' pals want some payback maybe?  Good...just maybe you can help fix the gene pool a bit.

Good job!

[beer][soapbox][beer]

.40 cal Walther P-99...pistol of choice when you really care!
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Runner'
I feel for you. I've been on thirds with Wed. and Thurs. off. With court every Wed. Get off at 7 and be backin court at 9 and again at 1230.Sit there for 2 hours and the case gets continued! Sucks. And yes most all attorneys and all criminal attorneys are dicks.

Q. Why do attorneys wear neckties?
A. To keep their foreskins down..

Link Posted: 11/21/2001 11:00:24 AM EDT
[#11]
on the reverse side of the coin....
I was busted when I was younger. Cop performed an illegal search and seizure. There's nothing I enjoyed more than taking him to court (hopefully it was his day off) and my lawyer caught him a in a boldface lie, which resulted in my case being tossed out on the spot. And the cop looked like an idiot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top