User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2001 1:52:32 PM EDT
http://www.sierratimes.com/archive/starticles/2001/jan/arvh012201.htm

[size=3]Heritage Violation: Shots fired at SC Picnic[/size=3]
From Virgil Huston - SC League of the South- Published: 01.22.01

Attorney Larry Salley, Midlands Coordinator for the SC
League of the South, reports the following:

The Sumter County leg of the SC League of the South held its' first meeting on Saturday, January 20th. During the bar-b-q; a champaign-colored Honda Accord drove by the house. The car was driven by a black woman, with a black man in the passenger seat. Two shots were fired. Luckily, no one was injured. By the time everyone realized what happened, the car was gone, but then returned and sped by the house. A partial plate was read, so the car should be easily traceable.

Police who responded to the call were sympathetic, but one officer who was overheard saying, "they shouldn't be surprised, with all the Confederate flags they had up."

I doubt we'll hear anything about this in the mass media, do you?

We shall see what happens, but a pattern is emerging with both the mainstream media and the police forces. For one, crimes against whites, especially hate crimes, are not reported in the media. We recently had two hate crimes in the Columbia area - one involved grafitti on a black church and the other was a physical attack causing injury on a white man by a black attacker angered over an SCV license plate. Guess which one made The State newspaper?

Yep, the grafitti. The second trend involves the police letting blacks get away with "politically correct" crimes. Vandalism of Maurice's BBQ products at grocery stores went unpunished. Vandalism of a Confederate monument in Selma, AL, caught on video tape also went unpunished. I wonder what will happen when someone gets murdered? With the police basically telling people that certain crimes are OK and the media not reporting black on white crime at all, it is only a matter of time.

Not to worry folks - the news will be published.
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]
probably Charles Manson trying to start his race war again
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not a hate crime if the victim is white.  It's frustration and it's the fault of white people.  Doesn't anyone listen to Sharpton, Jackson, Farakan, et al?  [end sarcasm]

Eddie
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not a hate crime if the victim is white.  It's frustration and it's the fault of white people.  Doesn't anyone listen to Sharpton, Jackson, Farakan, et al?  [end sarcasm]

Eddie
View Quote

Yeah, bunch of white folks getting together. Must've been a clan meeting of sorts. [end of sarcasm roo]
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#4]
No time for hate.
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 5:56:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone remember an incident from a few years ago, where a white teenager was shot while driving his pickup truck?  I think it was in S.C. too, and the blacks who shot at him did so because he had a Confederate Battle Flag flying from a mast in the back of his truck.  Turned out he was one of his high school's star football players - and the school team used the Southern Cross as it's insignia.  

I'd be surprised if many of you heard of it - like this barbeque drive-by, the media was loathe to report such an attack.

I repeat - the kid was killed because of the Confederate Battle Flag.  A piece of cloth with a particular pattern and series of colors - that's all it was.  Do you think the kid would still be alive had the team used the Bonnie Blue Flag instead?  It seems the ones who scream the loudest about "hate symbols" are doing an awful lot of the hating themselves.
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Dont get me wrong I agree with you but a flag represents something. Ie: American
Nazi
Confederate
U.N.
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Let's face it, the media is not objective in any of it's reporting.  There are people who swear that everything they read in the paper is the gospel.  I say read everything in there with a grain of salt and look deeper into the story to see what really makes sense.
Link Posted: 1/29/2001 5:13:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Double Standards as usual.

Moose
Link Posted: 1/30/2001 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Read on Fox news the other day a story about fires that had been set at Boy Scout camps. Arson for sure. Do you think that if it is verifide that "gays" set the fires that it will be called a hate crime?
Link Posted: 1/30/2001 9:56:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Gays dont count. Every one hates them. except SHOWTIME.[;)]
Link Posted: 1/30/2001 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like folks think we're gonna have to fight for our rights soon. I'm beginning to understand the mentality of the folks in the South around 1860: It wasn't about slavery THEN, and it isn't about slavery now, IMHO
Link Posted: 1/30/2001 3:13:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top