Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By usp45c:

I'll be here next year to.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:
Can't believe this thread is still alive.

I'm going to have to do an updated writeup of what I'm doing to my new Gen 4 G34.

Too.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 7:48:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Look just above you, homes!

I outlined what I did to my Gen4 G34.
View All Quotes
Can't believe this thread is still alive.

I'm going to have to do an updated writeup of what I'm doing to my new Gen 4 G34.

Look just above you, homes!

I outlined what I did to my Gen4 G34.

Probably be around in 2015 too.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:26:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: John_Wayne777] [#4]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I've found that people that add grip tape to Glocks generally aren't holding the gun properly

Just my experience
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#6]
My Glocks have modified triggers (OEM parts with light careful polishing) and a LOT of rounds through them without incident.

I don't get the complaint about the grip angle.  It's very similar to the 1911.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#7]
the thread that wouldn't die...

bc of the MODs

but seriously, are Zev triggers where it's at for Glocks?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:20:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Holy Shit...

I'm reading through this thread, and get to like the 20th post when I notice that lots of pictures aren't loading.  I wonder why this is, then I glance at the date.

Holy Shit again...

Thread bump of the year.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By BarryTolar:

I've found that people that add grip tape to Glocks generally aren't holding the gun properly

Just my experience
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:22:42 PM EDT
[#11]
got into Glocks late, love them, got a 19,21,22.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#12]
1911 guy, mulling over a G43, tagging this thread
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:35:31 PM EDT
[#13]
so a whole bunch of shit you can do to your glock to make it like an mp
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Read the OP and skip to the last page.

Love em or hate em, they weren't the first plastic striker fired pistol but they did revolutionize the industry.

While not as ergonomic as say a Walther PPQ, which is the best I've laid my medium sized mitts on, they fit my hands pretty well.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#15]
The one addition to my G34 since last time is The Gadget which I can apparently now talk pretty freely about now.

I've also...um....evolved on some things.

I'm really not a fan of screwing around with the trigger on Glocks because almost without exception every modded Glock I encounter in the wild experiences problems like failures to reset and the like. There are some LE and military units out there who have been playing with various trigger modifications to Glocks as well and they've experienced the same sorts of problems. There are so many differences in the dimensions Glock uses from run to run that it's difficult to get a part that will work reliably in all guns across the spectrum. A lot of the parts on the market are crap, but even some of the good ones work well in the guns they were developed with but don't in a later production run where Glock changed some things, etc.

My general advice to people is to just not fuck with the firing mechanism of the Glock.
View Quote

A Gen 3 (non-bump) trigger does wonders for a stock setup. That is, if you can find one I have one in my G19 and it's really slick.

On Gen 4s, the Vickers mag release is shaped a bit "weirdly" but it works really, really well. Highly recommend.

I can't have a factory extended slide stop/release on my Glock(s)...my hold triggers it every so often, locking the slide open. Annoying at the range, probably more so elsewhere Though I do want to try the Vickers extended release...it seems like it might remedy that issue with the factory Glock extended release.

Having said all that, while I do like tolerate and carry my G19 and like shooting my G34 even more...as soon as my BHP gets back from Novak's, it's replacing the G19
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Foxnews_FTW:
View Quote

Just remember, you're not shooting a 1911...shoot it more like a revolver (more finger on the trigger). A few mags and you'll have it down.

And I would recommend you don't start with a 43...that's like trying to start with a J-frame stoked with hot .357's. Even if you hit what you aim at, you won't like it. (At least, that's what I hear; I've not fired a G43, but I heard it's..."Snappy")

Start with a G19 or 17...I'd suggest 19 (smaller, easier to carry), but YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:06:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Geralt55] [#17]
Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:

Just remember, you're not shooting a 1911...shoot it more like a revolver (more finger on the trigger). A few mags and you'll have it down.

And I would recommend you don't start with a 43...that's like trying to start with a J-frame stoked with hot .357's. Even if you hit what you aim at, you won't like it. (At least, that's what I hear; I've not fired a G43, but I heard it's..."Snappy")

View All Quotes

The hiccup: for subjects in the peoples republik of new jerseystan, you have to get each pistol on a permit basis. You have to plan out your permits, because while they are good for 90 days, we have 1 gun per month.
I have plans for 2 of those permits
For the final, I realize I'd like a 9, something smaller than a fullsize gun (even if just to have a small pocket gun for in the home), and I don't own a glock of any size or flavor. One bird, many stones.
Got to hold a 43, and I was surprised that I liked the feel in my hand. (Yes that can be trained around etc), but I didn't have an adverse reaction to it

"snappy", is this the part where I admit that I was also looking a shield in .40?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:30:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I have been carrying, using and shooting Glocks for 27 years and have found that the way it comes from the factory (with night sights that is) is the way the pistol should be left.  All the other add ons or what-have-you's always have a drawback or side effect.  Only exception is a light or light/laser.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#19]
The hiccup: for subjects in the peoples republik of new jerseystan, you have to get each pistol on a permit basis. You have to plan out your permits, because while they are good for 90 days, we have 1 gun per month.
I have plans for 2 of those permits
For the final, I realize I'd like a 9, something smaller than a fullsize gun (even if just to have a small pocket gun for in the home), and I don't own a glock of any size or flavor. One bird, many stones.
Got to hold a 43, and I was surprised that I liked the feel in my hand. (Yes that can be trained around etc), but I didn't have an adverse reaction to it

"snappy", is this the part where I admit that I was also looking a shield in .40?
View Quote

If you're willing to accept it will recoil a bit? Then ok - at that point my only concern would be the "teething problems"...Glock had a bunch with the introduction of the G42, the 43 is bound to go through the same growth issue. With the 17/19, not a big deal as they've got decades of engineering behind them while the 43 is a whole new breed for them. Same as the 42 was.

If you weren't limited/didn't mind waiting, I'd honestly say get a G34, closely followed by a G17 or 19, first...then get the 43 once you're used to it. I'd suggest the 34 more because it'll have sightly better resale there (as it's ready to go for competition, whereas a 17 or 19...can't carry there unless you're LE, so your used market is really limited to LE, especially for the 19), recoil will be slightly softer as it's got more mass, and it'll definitely get you ready for the Glock trigger and grip.

But since you can't carry really (unless you're LE)...why bother. Get the 19, 17 or 34 and get something you can practice a lot with an actually enjoy at the range; that way IF it ever becomes time to use it for real, your first thought won't be "oy, this is going to hurt"

But that's just me, and YMMV
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:49:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: usp45c] [#23]
I bought a G43.

my,my,my  look how time fly's flew flewed
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:24:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:31:31 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm normally not one for replacing barrels in a Glock, but it looks like these guys are putting out a Glock barrel that shoots some incredibly impressive groups at 50 yards:

http://www.s3fsolutions.org/

I'm sorely tempted to buy one even though I don't shoot my Glocks all that much.

View Quote

Buck fiddy if you're okay with a blem--which is what all barrels become the first time you pull the trigger on them.

I thought about getting one, but my Glock is just to be carried and shot to make sure it still works.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:50:41 AM EDT
[#26]
just found this thread.. awesome.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:15:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Evil_Ed] [#27]
Originally Posted By Tango7:
M9A1 is an excellent firearm. The only problems I've had were FT Feeds due to mag springs. Replaced them and back to rock and roll.
View Quote

I've been on a quest to find a G19 replacement for years now. I was/am looking for something in the same rough size envelope, same capacity, same ease of use, same "comfort"  when shooting (by comfort, I mean no hammer bite, etc...you're not drawing blood and flinching with every trigger pull)...and of course, the same reliability. Finding something with better ergos is easy; as much as I respect the G19 it's not particularly comfortable to shoot. It doesn't fit my hand all that well, but it works.

I nearly bought one (a Steyr) in that quest...the problem I ran into was that it was wide, very wide, much wider than a G19..thus I crossed it off my list.

As much as I want to dislike my G19...I really haven't found any thing that's in the same sort of envelope that's appreciably better. Some things are nearly as good and bring some better things to the table (Sig P320 Compact for example is more comfortable, better trigger, can be reconfigured in a ton of ways from subcompacts to long slide w/optics)...but nearly all of them are larger or wider, and none of them are a real gamechanger. The 320 can be configured to be close, but not quite.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 2:40:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Evil_Ed] [#29]

This may be of some interest to you.

View All Quotes
As much as I want to dislike my G19...I really haven't found any thing that's in the same sort of envelope that's appreciably better.

This may be of some interest to you.

Believe it or not, I saw that thread last year and followed it for a while...

The issue I run into is that I hate (or used to hate) DA/SA. Which is why I'm sort of kicking myself for kind of wanting to pick up another Sig P228 I had one years and years ago, sold it because I really didn't like DA/SA...now I'm quasi-warming up to it though I still vastly prefer SAO, and do ok with most striker triggers such as Glock or Sig.
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top