Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
5/29/2017 5:35:05 AM
Posted: 11/19/2001 9:47:20 AM EDT
I am going to attempt my first transfer. The FFL is a local gun shop owner that charges 10%. I know this is a liitle high, especially since its a $500 dollar rifle, but the shop is close to my house. The rifle is a SSR-85B from Tennesse guns. My question is can I fax a copy of the licence to TN guns or do I have to mail an "ink signed one"? Also, do I have to have the FFL on file with TN guns before I can pay? I'd like to have them hold the rifle for me as they seem to be going fast. Anything else I should know about doing a transfer? I'm sure I'll be using them in the future a lot. Thanks
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:27:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/19/2001 10:22:17 AM EDT by Hellraiser]
You have to mail the "ink signed one". You genenerally have to wait until they receive the FFL before they will take a order. Why should they hold a rifle for someone they have yet to receive a FFL from if they get an order from someone that already has an FFL on file. I've been told by some crappy companies that they will hold a rifle and wait for my FFL, but they didn't, so don't count on it even if they say they will. Edited to say: I really think you are getting ripped on that 10% transfer fee, most decent FFL's only charge $20.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:37:22 AM EDT
I generally fax or email my FFL# and address so they can run the EZ check and package it if they will. They still have to have an FFL in ink to ship. cpermd
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 11:18:31 AM EDT
Mail the signed copy of the FFL and the payment along with a note describing exactly what the payment is for, who it is from and where you expect the gun to be shipped (your dealer). Most dealers will hold a gun for you but don't be slow with the payment. Find out how the gun will be shipped and ask for insurance and a tracking number. $50? OUCH!
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 12:27:23 PM EDT
Thanks for the replies. I'm still confused though. How can my FFL send his ink signed copy to a company. Does he have several copies of his licencse and he just resigns each one? Or does he just have one and TN guns will send it back to him??? I really don't want to look like a newbie retard when I go in there. I'm okay with looking like one here![:D] Thanks Oh ya, 10% is a good rate around here. The other shop that I buy from charges 20%!!! I think Missouri must just be the mecca for firearm ripoffs. The same FFL sells SARs for $499-%550. Another store had an SAR1 for $700! What a deal! He occasionally has AR15s but they usually run $900-$1000. This is why I need to learn the art of transfers thoroughly! Thanks again
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 12:28:51 PM EDT
Top Top